ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colleague's Silvia S15 Spec-R

So a colleague from work decided he was bored of this:

BS1Pz4JIcAA8EQg.jpg

(Which at 18, was quite impressive in itself) and has now, upgraded to this:

BfF9bDvIAAABP-k.jpg

BhbyMP7IAAAbJ-1.jpg

1142small.jpg

img1123gi.jpg

If you can't tell, I'm INSANELY jealous of this car (wasn't all that fussed about the VXR). Beautiful condition, he's going to get me about picture of the 'bay because that's incredible in it's own right.

Pushing just over 300bhp to the rears iirc, properly rapid and a right beast once it gets on boost (plus the noise). Had a little drive myself, had no sense of speed in it, was doing 60 without even realising, love hearing the turbo spool and the skittering blow off. Not even all that uncomfortable despite all bushes having been replaced with rose-bud joints (but it was just around the work roads which are smooth).

have started an R33 GTR savings fund now thanks to this car. Need Jap. He would show this off himself, but his outright hated for clio's stops him making an account ;)

1779224_10203116421901449_1036375511_n.jpg

This spoiler? I quite like the standard one. Though I have told him if it were me I'd just stick a massive carbon wing on the back ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'd get rid of it altogether and have a lip spoiler,
but then i'm not a ricer, so having the Golden gate bridge on your boot is probably very 'scene'.

Wtaf does he do to to buy, run and insure those?!?!

love insignia VXRs

He's a first year prototype apprentice at ford like me :') apparently he did personal training before that. Only £1100 to insure iirc, but he lives in a very "old people" area. Does about 30mpg i think.

'Kinell. Good on you two ha.

awaits r33 gtr thread

Aha, he obviously had a lot more sitting around before this than me :') It is lovely though. Sold his VXR for about £12-13k, bought the silvia and had about 2k change.

Awaits like 3 years of saving, it's a way off yet.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I really like these, and would love one in Pearl White or Pewter with the more square Aero kit - I often have a look at what's for sale over on S15OC, but the one thing that puts me off buying one is how hard they seem to be to get rid of when you fancy a change, unless you want to take a real hit and price it very low, it seems like most of them sit around for months before getting sold.

This exact one I'm sure I've seen for sale over on S15OC, and I think it's been up for sale for a few months?

182 track, Mk7 ST
Ahh so this is the one that I've seen pop up in the CEME car park then haha...

Never noticed the VXR though strangely, either it doesn't stand out enough or he hasn't had it in college?

Also Tails_ you'd be the one that spotted me a while ago parked by the bus stop then at CEME too, my little bro mentioned you :approve:

I really like these, and would love one in Pearl White or Pewter with the more square Aero kit - I often have a look at what's for sale over on S15OC, but the one thing that puts me off buying one is how hard they seem to be to get rid of when you fancy a change, unless you want to take a real hit and price it very low, it seems like most of them sit around for months before getting sold.

This exact one I'm sure I've seen for sale over on S15OC, and I think it's been up for sale for a few months?

Yeah he bought it about 2 months ago from a forum user, I think he is owner 3 and the only one not on the forum.

Ahh so this is the one that I've seen pop up in the CEME car park then haha...

Never noticed the VXR though strangely, either it doesn't stand out enough or he hasn't had it in college?

Also Tails_ you'd be the one that spotted me a while ago parked by the bus stop then at CEME too, my little bro mentioned you :approve:

Yeah he lift shares with 2 other people, so one in 3 weeks it's in! The VXR was probably there more often, it just looks like a rep-mobile ;)

Ah! I havn't been on in a few months, so I never know if anyone spotted it. Looks serious mate, too bad everyone at CEME hates clios! It wasn't there for speed awareness was it? ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Most probably because you are doing it the legal way and he is using his parents insurance etc.

i had an E46 at 18 and I paid £1200 for that which I thought was good. Not a f**king chance is his £1400 for that.

Anyway, the Nissan is 'nice'.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I always thought these were rather bland, looks terrible from the rear. If it were me I'd go for an Integra DC5... but at least the S15 is different I suppose. Wheels look mint at least! Better than I was driving at that age, I had 55bhp :cool:

182 track, Mk7 ST
Yeah he bought it about 2 months ago from a forum user, I think he is owner 3 and the only one not on the forum.

Yeah he lift shares with 2 other people, so one in 3 weeks it's in! The VXR was probably there more often, it just looks like a rep-mobile ;)

Ah! I havn't been on in a few months, so I never know if anyone spotted it. Looks serious mate, too bad everyone at CEME hates clios! It wasn't there for speed awareness was it? ;)

Ahh right, probs explains it then, I'm only in once a week and normally take the ST.

Cheers mate :approve: next time you see it in there it'll have a cage and have got a little more serious lol!

Not everyone does, everyone in my year and the year below were always all over mine when I had it in the workshop, people kept trying to buy cars quicker than it hahaha!

Nah, I work for FoMoCo too, finished my apprenticeship last year and study for my degree there on day release.

Ford fiesta St + 182
£1100 to insure an insignia VXR at 18.. Not a f**king chance. Guessing it was daddies insurance.
hate this. I had a vrs Skoda at 17 a cliosport 200 at 18-19 and now I'm nearly 20 and I have a focus rs mrk2 and I insure them fine in my own name with out "daddie".

I always thought these were rather bland, looks terrible from the rear. If it were me I'd go for an Integra DC5... but at least the S15 is different I suppose. Wheels look mint at least! Better than I was driving at that age, I had 55bhp :cool:

DC5's are completely different cars though, it's FWD and handling (with quite low power), compared to RWD and easy 350-400bhp (and of course sideways)!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
hate this. I had a vrs Skoda at 17 a cliosport 200 at 18-19 and now I'm nearly 20 and I have a focus rs mrk2 and I insure them fine in my own name with out "daddie".
Well done you, do you want a medal for being so awesome. I had an imprezas at 19 so what. That's completely irrelevant. It's how much he was paying I was questioning.

Ford fiesta St + 182
Well done you, do you want a medal for being so awesome. I had an imprezas at 19 so what. That's completely irrelevant. It's how much he was paying I was questioning.

I payed 700 on my clio and I pay 1084 on my focus now so his quote isn't that unreasonable. If you can get the medal made and posted I will give you my address.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member