ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Air Feed

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Just decided today that something needed doing about the lack of air gettting to my (less the satisfactory) induction kit. Heres some progress piks. will put up the final completed piks sometime this afternoon when the grill is back in place and connected up.

DSC03611.jpg

DSC03612.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03614.jpg

Thanx for taking a look. questions welcome.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've heard of 3/4 plates but never 1/4 plates - couldn't find a smaller one could you? lol

looking forward to the finished pics - how east is it to remove the lower grill?? what's keeping it held in place? (screws / clips etc)

Renaultsport 220T
Why have you blocked your radiator with the oil cooler?

Better mounted to the left of it.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Why have you blocked your radiator with the oil cooler?

Better mounted to the left of it.

Yozza have just remounted it in its current possition. I thought i wud leave it to the experts. shud i not trust them???

182 Trophy (#27/500)
i've heard of 3/4 plates but never 1/4 plates - couldn't find a smaller one could you? lol

looking forward to the finished pics - how east is it to remove the lower grill?? what's keeping it held in place? (screws / clips etc)

Lower grill is well easy to remove. It just has small clips. a simple firm push will pop the grill out. About 20 clips in total. do it with confidence!!!!hard to break it tbh.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Batman's Old Car isn't it??

Good work on the CAF should look good once refitted

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Just finished. still needed a coat of matt black paint to suit the brake ducts.
DSC03615.jpg

182 Trophy (#27/500)
just needs another coat of paint to get rid of the white. Its a brake duct ordered from GPR Direct. cost around £15. will make a nice improvement.

172 Cup
i agree, it does look a bit out of place but if it works, who cares!!
Top work, you could of always had it through the headlight like mini valver lol.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Good idea! would it not fit behind the grill though? Surely that cold air feed is the main problem, look at that nasty bend just after it leaves the airbox :dead: .. Surely coulnt you tilt the 90 degree induction bend down so that the cold air feed runs smoothly down to the new cold air feed? less bends = more power/response :cool:

Even better, scrap the 90 degree bend & get a 45 degree as you have space from the small batterey

P

Philpott

just brought a itg carbon, n was wondering myself the best place to place a CAF can any1 help me please??? pics welcome