ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers or springs

got a mk1 172. wanting to lower the car but not sure on whether to get coilovers or just springs. I had springs on my old saxo and i thought the ride quality was kinda crap as it was substituted for looks. but i dont ever go on a track day or quarter mile etc so is paying 400 - 500 really worth it for coilovers or sud i just get a set of springs? just to clarify i no people think springs is a half ass job n i agree im just wantin to hear what people with both springs and coilovers on there 172s have to say bout each so i can make my mind up!

Weeman sucks ****

Theres not many springs out there that lower the clio sport models iirc? The apex probably do the biggest drop but dont ride as nice as the Eibachs.

If you can get the money, get coilovers you wont regret it. Ive had Eibach pros, apex and now H&R coilovers and theyre the b****cks:D

Clio II and Grand Modus

What he said^^^^.......H&R´s gives a awesome ride. Had Eibach before and if just springs go for the sport-line kit otherwise coilovers

what kinda price is the sport-line kit and what kinda prices are the h&r/eibach/apex coilovers. badinvincible how much did your apex springs lower your 172, and what was the ride like?

Suzuki SV1000S

Mine is lowered 45mm on springs and handles very well - I just want it to go even Lower and handle even better. I am looking at the possibility of getting a set of FK coilovers for just £368 inc VAT and £15 postage - Will let everyone know if they are correct

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 11 July 2005

Mine is lowered 45mm on springs and handles very well - I just want it to go even Lower and handle even better. I am looking at the possibility of getting a set of FK coilovers for just £368 inc VAT and £15 postage - Will let everyone know if they are correct
Where from?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..^^like he says not everybody has the budget, i had springs before my coilovers, dropped 30mm and the ride was good not hard, greatly reduced body roll, the eibachs seem to be the best of the bunch :cool:

uprated shocks and springs what kinda price would they be and what makes. i got the standard 15" oz f1s still on and wanna keep 15 alloys on it but want the car to sit just above the wheels so i want it quite low

why not get custom made springs, i had coilovers but sold them and now run a set of custom made springs on my williams