ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers on clio 197

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Seriously can't stand people like you, why do you think your opinion on mods is correct? That's the point of modifying, making it look how I want it to.

30mm drop and spacers? Could you get more boring mods? That is modifying poorly IMO

Waaaah.

What makes your opinion right? You're on a forum, man the f*ck up and stop whinging.

Clio 197
Waaaah.

What makes your opinion right? You're on a forum, man the f*ck up and stop whinging.
When did I say my opinion was right? I'm saying everyone's opinion is different.

this is the reason I don't like forums anymore.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
3ojbhc.jpg

Its not that people on here hate anything different its just that a clio 197 is known for its handling and people don't like seeing a good drivers car get ruined by lowering it so much it becomes undriveable.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Its not that people on here hate anything different its just that a clio 197 is known for its handeling and people don't like seeing a good drivers car get ruined by lowering it so much it becomes undriveable.

this, and a slammed car isn't different, just because it is on a 197...it just looks chav :quiet:

Clio 197
You can still drive a lowered car hard, it's not like I'm ever going to get it properly low. I know a lad who's over 100mm lowered in a corsa d and he doesn't scrape at all. Around 70mm will look mint and will still drive well.

Clio 197
this, and a slammed car isn't different, just because it is on a 197...it just looks chav :quiet:
Again, that's your opinion. Plenty of people will disagree with you, probly not on this forum as it seems everyone just goes for power and handling. That's what you like, I like stance.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Again, that's your opinion. Plenty of people will disagree with you, probly not on this forum as it seems everyone just goes for power and handling. That's what you like, I like stance.

Dont buy a car known for power and handling then? Buy a lupo or something..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

And people here don't like well handling cars being ruined

If you want go, buy a hot hatch, if you want show, buy something slow.

but it's your money/car, not ours

Clio 197
And people here don't like well handling cars being ruined

If you want go, buy a hot hatch, if you want show, buy something slow.

but it's your money/car, not ours
Yep, my money. I want a hot hatch, I got a hot hatch. I want stance, I'll get stance.

my car not yours!

Renault Clio 197 Cup
Good show.

tbh, if you want opinions, post on Cliosport... If you want yes men, go on 197.net

True dat!

Also, you cant turn round and say "spacers and 30mm springs are poor modifications IMO".... then state "Where did i say my opinion was correct"..... you obviously believe in your statement being correct otherwise you wouldnt say it....

Also... who cares if you can lower a Corsa D 100mm? My mate lowered his Vitara 120mm... that didnt rub either.... want a cookie?

Clio 197
Are you a f**king moron or something? That's my opinion, your opinions different. I never said mine was right I said its my opinion so that's obviously what I'm going to do.

why have you commented on this thread? Doesn't even make sense, a corsa d and a clio are compatible cars, a grand vitara is something different.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think it's so silly people recommended to buy a 1.2 if you want to slam it. Why should he lol... a Renaultsport is more than just the handling. It's the looks, gadgets, Recaros, status! Everything really. I would have gone lower on my coilovers if I wasn't planning on hitting some track days.

Clio 197
I think it's so silly people recommended to buy a 1.2 if you want to slam it. Why should he lol... a Renaultsport is more than just the handling. It's the looks, gadgets, Recaros, status! Everything really. I would have gone lower on my coilovers if I wasn't planning on hitting some track days.
Cheers mate, finally someone gets where I'm coming from :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
tbh, if you want opinions, post on Cliosport... If you want yes men, go on 197.net

True dat, they nearly banned me for posting in a thread like this on there. Was a red f1 that someone slammed on coilovers. Looked mega innit, not so great for handling yo ...

To the OP, its your car st the end of the day, but if you wanted to create a poor handling car, buying a corsa d would have probably cost you less than a '58 plate 197 ;)

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I'm not sure why people get so touched by this kind of thing, if he lowers his car and ruins the handling so what, I'll still sleep well at night. Something that nobody's mention is that 95% of these types of cars aren't driven properly anyway, they never see a country road or race track so if it makes the daily commute a little harsher its no big deal and for the record I think that black one 'looks' fantastic which is surely the number 1 concern if you're going to slam/stance something anyway. Carry on!
russ

Yeah I have to agree with the above, it's the dudes car so it's up to him, he may look back at this in a couple of years and think why did I do that all them years ago, he may not, again that's up to him! Good luck with it mate! Keep us/some of us posted!

Clio 197
True dat, they nearly banned me for posting in a thread like this on there. Was a red f1 that someone slammed on coilovers. Looked mega innit, not so great for handling yo ...

To the OP, its your car st the end of the day, but if you wanted to create a poor handling car, buying a corsa d would have probably cost you less than a '58 plate 197 ;)
Yeah it would of cost me less, I already had one before this and hated it. 197 has more power and will be unique with stance, a lot of stanced D's about

Clio 197
Cheers to the two lads above, will keep you posted. Got an audio upgrade and smd conversion booked in already

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I was looking for that thread to quote the pic lol. That thing was ridiculous.

and op, unique doesn't always mean good. Scene cars are done to be unique, they all look the same and most look shite. Imo ofc

Mini JCW
197s/R27s do sit stupidly high though. Imo.

Sooner I can get the R26 on a set of cooksport springs the better.

Clio 197
Knuckles I don't need advice, I know what I like and I'll do that. Can you not wait till I put pics up of it finished before you criticise? You have no idea what it'll look like

Mini JCW
If your going to slam it, just f**k coilovers
on a Hot hatch when you might want some handling skillz y0, Two words:
GET BAGS.

So are we saying a set of ASTs or Nitrons, corner weighted and properly aligned (camber / caster / geo) that a 197 will handle poorly?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Lol at every one crying because he wants to lower his clio.

Its a clio for christ sake. If he wants it scraping the floor, let him.