ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers on clio 197

Clio 197
Alright lads,

Planning to slam my 197, anyone got any photos of a 197 on coilovers (spax preferably) wound all the way down?

The description says it only lowers 65mm but wondering if it'll go any more

cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
slam it too far and you'll ruin the best thing about them............

Mine on KW's

WP_000578.jpg

even thats a bit low imo

Clio 197
I'm planning on having it a bit lower than that for normal driving, but for shows I want it properly low. Hopefully get some new wheels if funds are there before trax

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You do realize the underbelly is low on these? The front bumper sits pretty high compared to the the rest, so therefore doesnt appear as low as say a 172.

I'd say another 10-20 mm on mine and you'll be hitting all sorts in the road. Someone on 197 net slammed theirs and ended up punching a hole in the fuel tank!

Clio 197
Ill get it on a ramp and have a look, pretty sure I can get away with a lot lower than that without scraping. I've got the front splitter and side skirts so it should look lower than it actually is.

cheers for the help though

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Please don't do this.

Buy a 1.2 or something if you want to 'slam' it. What is the point in having one of the best handling hot hatches available and then not being able to drive it in the way it was designed?

Clio 197
Please don't do this.

Buy a 1.2 or something if you want to 'slam' it. What is the point in having one of the best handling hot hatches available and then not being able to drive it in the way it was designed?
Lol, I like unique cars and slamming a little polo or something's been done so many times. Never seen a stanced 197/200 before.

Not as if I can't use it, will still be able to drive it hard. Just got to be careful where I do it!

6014661846_8849f6b0b1_b.jpg

6014679234_e2a66f3d15_b.jpg

Just about right for a 197/200 imo. Its still low enough to look great and will still handle well which is what these cars are all about.

Clio 197
Looks good but again it's not to my liking. I've had a little look under the car today and it seems the exhaust (possibly the pre cat?) is the lowest part. Bottom looks pretty flat other than that so shouldn't be an issue.

ill see what my bonus is at the end of the month then hopefully get some spax and start having a play around :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Alright lads,

Planning to slam my 197, anyone got any photos of a 197 on coilovers (spax preferably) wound all the way down?

cheers

ffs :( lowering is one thing I.e. the blue/white ones above... But someone slammed a ly r27 on 197.net, not only did it look s**t, I bet it drove s**t too.

these are too cheap now. Happened a lot sooner than I expected

Clio 197
Too cheap? Lol. Trust me my low mileage 58 plate with all the options wasn't too cheap. Why you assume I want to lower it because its cheap?

End of the day I couldn't give a toss what you think, I like it. If you don't I don't care.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Too cheap? Lol. Trust me my low mileage 58 plate with all the options wasn't too cheap. Why you assume I want to lower it because its cheap?

End of the day I couldn't give a toss what you think, I like it. If you don't I don't care.

Then dont make a thread just do it ;-)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

because when they've reached the age/price that people start ruining their reputation... There was a dick the other day asking if its ok to hold his 197 at 110+ on the motorway the other day?!

the 1*2 Clio's went this way, that people started getting them cheap and ruining them with silly mods/making them undrivable etc

why is it you want to buy a performance hatch and slam it? Why not just buy a non sport and slam that?

Good find ArticClio I forgot about that car. Thats defiantly the lowest 197 I've seen

H&R wound all the way down.

lowered197002.jpg

lowered197003.jpg

lowered197001.jpg

Clio 197
because when they've reached the age/price that people start ruining their reputation... There was a dick the other day asking if its ok to hold his 197 at 110+ on the motorway the other day?!

the 1*2 Clio's went this way, that people started getting them cheap and ruining them with silly mods/making them undrivable etc

why is it you want to buy a performance hatch and slam it? Why not just buy a non sport and slam that?

I've already explained the reason I want to do it already. So you mean now old blokes who buy them brand new and do no proper mods make a car cool, then when young people buy them and modify them it ruins them. I think standards boring, you think it isn't by the sounds of it.

i don't drive like a dick btw, but I'm 18 with nearly 200hp, think its best I lower it so I can't drive flat out everywhere lol

This is a 197 from over on 197.net

V1s...custom springs and the helpers out....he seems to go through a few splitters funnily enough

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

Looks awesome in my eyes, but I couldn't do it to mine lol

I think that looks superb too, especially the last pic! I know what you mean Jcs, it looks awesome but its just a bit wrong lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've already explained the reason I want to do it already. So you mean now old blokes who buy them brand new and do no proper mods make a car cool, then when young people buy them and modify them it ruins them. I think standards boring, you think it isn't by the sounds of it.

i don't drive like a dick btw, but I'm 18 with nearly 200hp, think its best I lower it so I can't drive flat out everywhere lol

Not at all, I can't wait till I have some spare cash to start modifying mine.

30mm drop to get rid of the arch gap and maybe spacers to fill the arches.

theres tasteful modifications, and then there's modifying for the sake of it.

But we've all been young and modified poorly, you should've seen the wheels I put on my first car, You just happen to be doing it to an RS clio sorry

Last edited:
  Clio 197
You got the lad with the white ones username jcs? I'll drop him a pm over there see what the major issues are

Clio 197
Not at all, I can't wait till I have some spare cash to start modifying mine.

30mm drop to get rid of the arch gap and maybe spacers to fill the arches.

theres tasteful modifications, and then there's modifying for the sake of it.

But we've all been young and modified poorly, you should've seen the wheels I put on my first car, You just happen to be doing it to an RS clio sorry
Seriously can't stand people like you, why do you think your opinion on mods is correct? That's the point of modifying, making it look how I want it to.

30mm drop and spacers? Could you get more boring mods? That is modifying poorly IMO

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Seriously can't stand people like you, why do you think your opinion on mods is correct? That's the point of modifying, making it look how I want it to.

30mm drop and spacers? Could you get more boring mods? That is modifying poorly IMO

I didn't say my opinion is correct, and I added a little edit saying no offence.

But I can see this debate going nowhere as you seem very immature

Clio 197
I didn't say my opinion is correct, and I added a little edit saying no offence.

But I can see this debate going nowhere as you seem very immature
I'm not debating, your giving your opinion where it's not needed.

get off your high horse and don't call me immature, your the one who started this 'debate' which was basically spamming my thread.