ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cable potentially to short?

Trafic 140dci
Ok so today i had a look at the mechanism of the pedal by taking pedal box off and everything seems ok, after i had took it all apart i refited the cable to see if it made any difference, but no.

Look how far the cable has the clutch lever pulled.

B71CAD69-6E4C-4A1B-AC0A-7E2C0BFE7B62-497-000000E2D80D135E.jpg

This is without the cable on.

C27B369D-BFEB-4D3B-8113-76A845766916-497-000000E2D0FB4651.jpg

So i'm now thinking i must have the clutch the wrong way round?

Cup In bits
If anything it would be easier to get the cable on with plate round the wrong way, you would have had a struggle to get the cover on initially as well.

Trafic 140dci
If anything it would be easier to get the cable on with plate round the wrong way, you would have had a struggle to get the cover on initially as well.
Oh right, Im stuck now as to what the problem actually is :(

Just wanna get my car on the road :(

Didn't happen saturday as i got on the beers :) But did last night lol, no luck as yet :(

Ah right more important priority got in the way did it haha but that’s a shame you didn’t have luck Monday.

I’m guessing that if you drive the car with how it is now it acts as if you have the clutch pedal depressed slightly and just revs up when moving forward?

Trafic 140dci
Ok so today i had a look at the mechanism of the pedal by taking pedal box off and everything seems ok, after i had took it all apart i refited the cable to see if it made any difference, but no.

Look how far the cable has the clutch lever pulled.

B71CAD69-6E4C-4A1B-AC0A-7E2C0BFE7B62-497-000000E2D80D135E.jpg

This is without the cable on.

C27B369D-BFEB-4D3B-8113-76A845766916-497-000000E2D0FB4651.jpg

So i'm now thinking i must have the clutch the wrong way round?
Took this engine out this morning, clutch was fitted correctly, pedal ratchet mechanism is working fine, yet my clutch cable is still pulling the lever to far? I'm seriously mythed about this, what the F*ck is making the cable pull the lever the so far?

182cup & 172 racecar
I think you have to it with a screwdriver, push it completely one way, fit cable, them pump clutch once or twice, and it finds it's own position.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think you have to it with a screwdriver, push it completely one way, fit cable, them pump clutch once or twice, and it finds it's own position.

you can't really tell when they're not working right sadly. had a scenic that caused me a huge headache and took a gamble on a new pedal, which fixed it

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i'm not convinced it's that in your case though, it seems to be the reverse of a pedal ratchet failure.