ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clock dim wen lights off, when lights on no clock :S

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
ey up im hoping someone can help me my clock is dim when my lights are off as soon as my lights are on i carnt see the clock ive replaced the clock 2 times and no difference. its really confusing me lol. jay

when i was doing my fog lights i accidentally pulled the resistor off the blanked dimmer switch plug and it did exactly how you described, might have something to do with your dimmer switch

EDIT --

As soon as i put the resistor back on it worked, (i went on to get a dimmer switch and worked perfectly).

The little panel next to your steering wheel where the headlight level switch is, get a credit card under the bottom edge and pull the whole little panel out, its not hard to do. Then you should have a blank wire with a black plastic thing on the end (resistor). Give it a wiggle / pull it off blow it out, put it back on and see if that works. I ended up buying another panel with the dimmer switch on because its a feature on the car that isn't being used.

The dimmer switch is a switch that allows you to dim the dashboard lights when the lights are on so you can set how bright you want them.