ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSports are slow?

Clio 182 FF 2005
was jus down me local meet up point in me lil 1.2 and i said i wanna get a 172 cup or of the likes in a few years, and they laughed saying there s**t and slow and only have about 130 brake standard, i was like mate u dont know wot ur talking about, but my m8 is 23 and im 17 dont think he'll listen to me, but yea wot a load of bollox and some other dick kept saying his 205 gti leaves them standing, it was totally standard 1.9 n i was thinking bullshit mate, but goes to show theres some idiots out there, i just better get saving n watch there jaws drop, lol. just thought id have a lil rant lol

tiTTy & SV650
205 gti's are great great cars but seriously lacking in outright speed.

why not get a clio 130 cup? lol

D

dick

well is he thinks a car with a name 172, has 130 brake, hes a full on spaz.

205gtis r nippy, not sure how the fair myself.

Turbos.
It does suprise me how many people like cars but actually don't know anything about them. Although i prefer to just nod rather than look like a geek.

They ain't all that mate.

Have to accept that somedays when driving a RenaultSport Clio you will be the pigeon and other days the statue.

D

dick

ye cliobuyer, i dont like to argue i just go o rite s**t ddt no that, unless ther a full of dickhead

Lionel Richie
cliobuyer said:
It does suprise me how many people like cars but actually don't know anything about them. Although i prefer to just nod rather than look like a geek.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA dude you look like the biggest geek going!

M2 Competition
I was up against a near standard 1.9gti at fcs on the strip in my cup, which at the time was standard.

By the end of the runway i couldnt see him, was that much difference mate.

Clio 182 FF 2005
same here mate didnt wanna start arguing with em jus gunna wait till i get mine or a williams, thats another question actually whats the faster/better handling williams or 182/172 etc?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my mate has got a 1.9 205 gti and to be fair they were rapid for there time, but there time was 15 years ago and has been and gone. Ive had a few tear ups with him and if im being honest it wasnt even close!!

Lionel Richie
DefunkT said:
same here mate didnt wanna start arguing with em jus gunna wait till i get mine or a williams, thats another question actually whats the faster/better handling williams or 182/172 etc?

uh oh, he asked "the question"

''ClioSports are slow? ''

only cos the majority of the ''sports'' dont actually have a 2.0 16v under there..

Clio 182 FF 2005
lol sorry, wont happen again, well, if u stuck the stig in both of them round a track both standard what would win? or this still too hard to decide, if so nevermind ill just flip a coin lol

106 GTi
As a previous owner of a 205 1.9 GTi which was sold to buy the 182, the 182 is much quicker. The 1.9 is a great car but so very underpowered in todays terms. Most 1.9's never even made the factory figures of 130 brake either!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
DefunkT said:
was jus down me local meet up point in me lil 1.2 and i said i wanna get a 172 cup or of the likes in a few years, and they laughed saying there sh*t and slow and only have about 130 brake standard, i was like mate u dont know wot ur talking about, but my m8 is 23 and im 17 dont think he'll listen to me, but yea wot a load of bollox and some other dick kept saying his 205 gti leaves them standing, it was totally standard 1.9 n i was thinking bullsh*t mate, but goes to show theres some idiots out there, i just better get saving n watch there jaws drop, lol. just thought id have a lil rant lol

Try and have a rant without text speak and with proper punctuation.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
pmsl sounds like my mate whos 1.0 corsa apparently eats 16v SXI's and 16v clios, but yet he never wants to go a wee thrash when ive got my car with me :D

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Just nod along and agree and wait til you get it and absolutely s**t on him/them.
Nothing worse than someone who won't accept facts

A red missile
dick said:
well is he thinks a car with a name 172, has 130 brake, hes a full on spaz.

205gtis r nippy, not sure how the fair myself.

LOL! couldn't have said it any better myself, what a nob.

Clio 172 mk2
People should read up on their car stats a bit more.....I mean what does this guy think the 172/182 numbers refer to?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
in my experience i was in a 1.9 205 gti with a freshly rebuilt engine and we were equally matched to a 172 cup.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Neil G said:
People should read up on their car stats a bit more.....I mean what does this guy think the 172/182 numbers refer to?

well tbf its got some truth they are 172 at the fly not at the wheels, bit missleading but you lose vital bhp through transmision, alternator , AC, ABS etc

106 GTi
In the same way as a standard 1.9 GTi is more like 122-127 brake at the fly.

If you can find me a standard 1.9 that goes as well as a 172 Cup pass me the details as I would love to buy it!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
taylor said:
in my experience i was in a 1.9 205 gti with a freshly rebuilt engine and we were equally matched to a 172 cup.

No way, the 205 GTI in its day i.e. when run in but still new wouldn't come close to a 182. the 172 would out drag it also but the 205 just isn't in the race. It's like say the Astra GTE would compete with the RS Focus. no chance. 15 years of advancement under the bonnet.

tiTTy & SV650
an mi16 running 150 / 160 brake will prob beat a 172/182, much lighter car, and better handling - fact.