ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 8: Black & White

Congrats to andywright182 for the victory in the last round with this image depicting the subject 'Macro / Close-Up'...

295576225_RQ9Nv-M.jpg

...the new subject has been chosen by him and is:

Black & White

Comp runs from now until midnight Wednesday 28th May. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight May 28th.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wow! Very open topic this time...Hummm...Might give it a shot and dust off the camera.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
very open indeed!!

I think it would of been good if we had a slightly tighter topic, i..e B & W " portraits" "landscape" "still life"

It would of made the judging/ voting easier at the end.

Comparing a landscape to a portrait is going to be very shall I say "subjective".

Regardless I am going to try harder on this one.

very open indeed!!

I think it would of been good if we had a slightly tighter topic, i..e B & W " portraits" "landscape" "still life"

It would of made the judging/ voting easier at the end.

Comparing a landscape to a portrait is going to be very shall I say "subjective".

Regardless I am going to try harder on this one.

Always have to pick a hole in something..

Personally I think your choice was far too strict and this gives a much better chance of a wide variation of pics.

Are entries like this with toning acceptable? This wouldnt be an entry anyway as taken too long ago. For those interested it was taken using an Olympus E1 with Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens.

In_my_hand_by_StuMac1985.jpg

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
any picture at all is accepted as long as it is in black and white.

I thought about it been a very broad subject but I think it gives everyone, no matter what camera/lens they have the chance to enter a picture.

Good luck everyone

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Always have to pick a hole in something..

Personally I think your choice was far too strict and this gives a much better chance of a wide variation of pics.[/QUOTE]

Its a Public forum...know one will ever be happy ??? lol
And which of my subjects have been too strict???

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Hmm...Wicked pics so far. Thought I'd have a pop at this comp. Just taken with a quick WB edit no other edits.
Heres my Pics:
IMG_5287Edit1.jpg

IMG_5376Edit.jpg

Entry:
IMG_5377Edit.jpg

Clio
Just a thought following on from the last comp where peoples entries weren't included, would it be worth having a seperate thread just for entries with no chat? Then after the deadline we just need numbers adding to each entry and a poll?

yeh and if someone changes there entry then the just edit then delete old one and put the new one in its place

B

Brown.

This isn't clear enough?

only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

It's not obvious at all when it comes to 'finding' entries, in the Macro thread there were probably 100 or so images, yet once I had dug through the thread there were 14 entries (15 if I count the one I missed!)

If you want the job feel free, I put aside half an hour or so before work to sort it out once every week or so.

i dont want the job that you created for YOURSELF.......yes YOU put the time aside you WERNT asked, i appriciate the time it takes you doing these threads dont get me wrong.

lets leave it there, i will from now on type my entry next to the image, and revels great way to represent the cliosport staff, calling its members tossers...... very smart

Megane Mk4
The idea of placing 'My Entry' above the photo for the compo is a good idea anyway and after the last thread of entries and some not being included, I'm making sure I put it from now on.

Last edited:
  Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
This might seem a bit pompous but I do appreciate the time and trouble that UKASKEW has taken to run this fun competition. Nobody ASKED him to do it, he just did, so be grateful. The rules were clearly stated at the start and have been repeated many times. Just abide by the rules, stop slagging ppl off and just enjoy.

Enough said?

Megane Mk4
I've another.. Was playing last night with shadow, light, exposure times, and after 6 attempts.. Got this.

2515072663_d0f9938b39.jpg

Last edited: