ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 11: Running Water

Congrats to Schweppy for the victory in the last round with this image depicting the subject 'Motion'...

324016068_jRR6b-M.jpg

...the new subject has been chosen by him and is:

Running Water

Comp runs from now until midnight Thursday 17th July. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight July 17th.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

Arctic blue 182ff
runnning water as in, taps/hose etc? or moving water, like mikey on the ferry....

Damn, I no longer live by the sea :(

Can we ignore the exif :clown:

2245479434_dcdfc0eace.jpg

... and mikey trying to make water look like its moving on a moving boat won't be easy :p

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
pete, i am loving that photo. what kind of exposure etc did you use as im sure if i tried it it wouldnt look like that in the slightest!

pete, i am loving that photo. what kind of exposure etc did you use as im sure if i tried it it wouldnt look like that in the slightest!

bournemouth beach always looks like that mate, no camera trickery going on at all. Pete's just an ameteur tbh ;)

1.8 Civic EX
defo HDR, I remember the orginal thread he posted up...does look good!

I have a few ideas for this now just got to try them out...

hah thanks fubar

Don't want to hi-jack this but yeah that was HDR, this one is very similar and is just 1 image.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete-eos/2244970472/in/set-72157603858427363/

Shot tripod mounted using a 2 stop NG grad to maintain the sky. Setting were:

Mode: Manual
Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/14
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Hope that's of some help... oh and if your going to do it sun rise/set is the best time, good sky and low light to show the shutter down for water movement...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I will go and get some pics soon but had to share Niagara Falls for the subject, though the pics aren't great as were taken on a Sony Ericsson W810i...
DSC00243.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Mondeo ST220
Not sure which is my entry yet. From the lakes on sunday. The second one doesn't really have too much motion although you can see the boat's wake.

DSC_01920184.jpg

DSC_00040003.jpg

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
My poor ENTRY

Out in the garden this evening watering down the soil ready to lay turf when I had my own private little rainbow from the sprinkler. Not the best shot in the world just a point and shoot and hope for the best.
water1.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Really been slacking recently, i haven't had a go since the B&W/grayscale challenge.

Entry
IMG_4635.jpg

911 carrera 2, Yamaha R6
I treated myself to a new D80 yesterday so thought i'd have a crack at it.

Entry:
DSC_00341a.jpg

B

Brown.

One from a few years ago, not my entry but, gives people some inspiration ;)

DPP_00110.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I treated myself to a new D80 yesterday so thought i'd have a crack at it.

Entry:
[IMGo]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jcdowns/DSC_00341a.jpg[/IMGo]
This is a great snap. I can't help but think it'd be better cropped a bit though. Am i wrong?