ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport @ Knockhill

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Pish tyres FTL! He had a better run through the hairpin and better traction afterwards. There was nothing I could do.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Good to meet you Marc today. Didn't introduce myself when we were beside my cup with the other Gaz

225 meg
Gaz I saw the wee battle you had with the guy in the orange civic, cutting you up down at the hairpin aswell !!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I seen the outrage when he was all over the place trying to take you gaz.

The eBay rear half cage for £160 I've got the same in mine

hysy5ygy.jpg

9uvyrava.jpg

5u7yvary.jpg

PH1 Track Car
I like the looks of them but are they safe and are they going to protect you? The main bar that goes around the b pillar looks a bit thin and I understand they aren't made from as strong metal as a normal cage.

Cup In bits
Don't you think it could snap in a crash and do more damage than good?

Theres a slightly higher chance of if but TBH the FIA /MSA approved steel which is CDS (cold drawn steel) or T45 (lighter more expensive) is not massively different to the carbon steel that has been used on these cages. The main difference is that one is rolled from flat bar and seem welded and the other is drawn through a mandrel and is seamless so less likely to split open.

If you fit these cages in with proper set of spreader plates and half decent bolts they are definitely going to be more of a help than a hindrance IMO.

Fraser/Stu , how thick would you say the tubing is that's used. Not the outside diameter but the thickness?