ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Club-Honda

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've read alot of people saying vtec controllers are the devils work too? lol

Just had a quick read up about the atr's mani and its one of the things they redesigned to give the engine more power over the prelude. Yours looks much better though! :D

Are you on the standard exhaust?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yeah standard exhaust for the moment.

The gains on the manifold were with standard exhaust and cat :D

Not really going to gain much from the exhaust tbh its the manifold on the tegs that are poor.

The thing with a vtec controller is you really need to get it adjusted by someone who really knows what they are doing to adjust the maps on it.

Chipped ecu by mugen or spoon gives good gains right across the rev range. Was going to get one but you lose your immobiliser :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just get an aftermarket alarm and immob...;)

Just been reading up and apparently on track there is nothing between the atr and itr. :D

On Tsukaba the atr was quicker but you can never tell with these tests.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The extra 400cc's give the ATR quite a bit more torque :)

Not sure what the ATR weighs?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Its just 1300kgs. Not bad for a big bus really. 3rd gear seems a good'un! lol

I think the stats for them are pretty cack really. Mines a fair bit quicker than my mates 172. Easily matched a Focus ST last night and i was 4 up..

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Have you got used to keeping it in vtec when you wanna play yet?

Considering they are supposed to be torqueless lol My teg happily sits in 5th doing 35ish on way to work

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just about getting there. Vtec'ing mid corner, holding it and gunning out is fun too! Proper scrabble for grip...lol

Yeah i'm not too sure about this torqueless malarky. I think it being a 2.2 might help but its much more torquey than a off boost turbo i know that! lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I dont have many mods, just a jap exhaust which is pretty quiet. The thing near the stereo is the Origin B2 for the speed cams. not that I speed of course!

JDM spec manifold is about the only other thing I want to do to it really, the good thing about these cars is you dont have to modify them as they come out the factory in almost perfect form.

Also I've had mine 1 year now and Iv spent £7 on bushes. thats it. not bad for a car ith 97k on it that is driven daily and hard 40% of its time. Front pads will be ready in a couple of month, but not bad going for a years worth of ownership!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i was looking at mods for the atr but tbh everything is looked at before it leaves the factory it seems. I was supprised in the difference in my lump compared to the H22 in the prelude. Many think its the same engine but its got Cams, pistons, ECU, port & polish, modified valve seats, single intake manifold, exhaust manifold etc

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I bought this about 6 weeks ago to replace the 172:
ctr4420.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

Excuse the poor pics, but i'm loving it so far. Heres one of the 172 as well as i'm a bit of a pic wh-re lol:

DSC00770.jpg

Last edited:
  '03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Civic looks proper shinny

Thanks, its ok, its slowly getting up to standard. That pic was after my first proper cleaning session with it, so its swirl free now, i just keep thinking it just needs a bit more attention to get it 100%

Well i owned a jap car and now have gone to a clio. The civic was a pure track car that performed excellently-i had some great times in her(laughing at business men in their heavy German £40k sports car whilst pulling away from them) but i just wanted something more relaxed and great to look at so i bought a clio.

Hope you like!!

Photo-0025.jpg

The the clio:
myclio4nonumberplate.jpg

Cheers mate. I sold her about a week ago now and i really do miss her. She had hell of a lot of money spent on her but it was all worth it. The power was regually not usuable-it depended what road you were on (road surface situation LOL) but she was great on the track.

Cant wait ti get the clio tho

H22A7 Accord Type R
G9TUS - tut tut tut at the rear Eagle F1 on the wrong way round!!!!

Still shocked by that DC2 standard manifold!!! lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I love this post.

WET TRACK - take a look at the best lap times, impressive stuff from the Accord.

M3 - 347hp (Traction Control)
M5 - 400hp (Traction Control)
Subaru Legacy - 280hp (All Wheel Drive)
Accord R - 220PS (front wheel drive)

The M5 has twice the power but also weighs a lot more, it simply cannot compete with the Accord agility. The Accord is the only FWD car and also lacks any form of traction cotnrol, you would consider this a serious disadvantage in the wet yet it still returns excellent results.

m3_versus.jpg

It's worth noting the Accord does a mid 1:09 in the dry.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
^
I have to agree after owning and researching the more and more capable i realise the atr is. Found these aswel -

"Going Tsukaba time attack times with professional drivers the cars finish in this order -

1. DC5
2. ATR
3. ITR
4. EK9
5. CTR

REMEMBER that's with the JDM CTR and LSD!
icon_wink.gif

The DC2 and CL1 are virtually identical in lap times on that short twisty track.

I personally believe over a more open track the top three would pull away from the CTR and EK9, the EK9 has a superb chassis but lacks the grunt to contend on longer tracks. The CTR doesn't carry the same corner speeds. "

Also a ATR DC2 comparison,

"As for acceleration there's nothing in it up to silly speeds where the DC2 runs out of puff a little bit.

Handling, well theres a french member (Frank) who kindly translated and posted up the results of a french magazine "Enchapment" which is as far as I'm aware the only offical review we've seen on a proper track with proper drivers, here's the cut and paste:

"Echappement" test around a track in France with Gilles Panizzi and Sebastien Loeb setting the lap times.
- Audi S4 V6 biturbo 265 hp: 1:37.09
- ATR: 1:38.04
- Honda Integra Type R: 1:38.06
- BMW M Coupé 321 hp and Hommel Berlinette RS 167 hp: 1:38.26
- Citroën Xsara VTS 167 hp: 1:40.51
- Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 190 hp: 1:41.06

In their aftermaths comments, both Loeb and Panizzi find the ATR more understeering than the ITR and more supple (both wish the ATR could be stiffer), which in turn makes the ATR easier to drive and handle on demanding roads. Panizzi also adds that the ATR's brakes are another major quality, powerful and tireless.

So, all in all, better figures on paper for the DC2, but almost a tie on the track...

The track used for testing - http://www.circuitmornay.com/ "

Evo 8 Jap Crap
That EK9 is mint, looks great on the CTR rims and with the carbon bonnet.

Would look a lot better with front numberplate in the centre though :(

clio 182 FF
That EK9 is mint, looks great on the CTR rims and with the carbon bonnet.

Would look a lot better with front numberplate in the centre though :(

I had my short private plate on the front side thats why it was at the side plus the car was getting sold thats why the big plate was on the side it looks daft with the long plate on the side " I Know " but it hides the holes there, looked better with short plate on side of car just being different

Cheers people

A silver Honda
^^EP3 wheels look awesome on the EK9!

My JDM Del Sol SiR

_rowcliffe-photoshoot024_BW.jpg

Image1.jpg

_DelSol-photowhoring014.jpg

enginebay-SIR005.jpg

Should be looking like this photoshop very soon (carbon fibre bonnet/old 15s refurbed in black)

_DelSol-sept-photoshop2.jpg