ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio will be off the road for a few weeks. :(

Clio 172
A car had stopped on a bend and by the time I saw it I didn't have enough time to stop and crashed into the back of it. :( Gutted!

Clio 172
IMG_0512.jpg

Much damage to the other person?

How much did you pay for the car? Probably about £2k's worth of damage there.

02 Clio 172
2k's worth of damage if your going through a professional body shop, providing its only cosmetic and you have bent anything structural you coul get it back on the road for a few hundred

He's going to have a fault claim and lose his no claims, so he might well just let them fix it properly.

Unless you can convince the others person not to claim. But then they have probably seen whiplash pound signs by now.

260% JCW
2 head lights, rad, bonnet, front slam panel and bumper. Got to be less than £2k.

What's the other car like?

Clio 172
The other car was a VW Tiguan or whatever it's called. There was virtually no damage to that apart from a small scratch unbelievably. Car was £4k but I will try some scrappies for the parts.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
FYI this is a write off.
6861489543_e7fc8b4a52.png

According to an insurance assesor.

Hope you get it sorted asap.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just a scratch on the Tiguan? Hmmm i'd be sceptical but obviously you're not complaining.

Without seeing the crossmember I couldn't say for sure but i'm confident they won't repair it. Those parts aren't far off 1k from Renault.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The other car was a VW Tiguan or whatever it's called. There was virtually no damage to that apart from a small scratch unbelievably. Car was £4k but I will try some scrappies for the parts.

Might have been 4k when u bought it but I doubt its worth much more than 2.5k now. As gally says, parts are nearly 1k from Renault plus a few hundred for paint etc.
2nd hand parts will still cost a few hundred I'd imagine. If its bent the subframe or anything else you're talking more money!

Clio 172
Gonna do the repairs myself, I work for a motorcycle dealer and we have quite a lot of contacts so I can get it checked over cheapish. I will go to scrappies to see if i can get the parts. Don't want to go through insurance as its already f**king expensive enough as it is.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Wtf were u doing that. Didn't notice it had stopped? If u went into the back of me I'd be raging

Clio 172
No i didn't know there was a car on the bend. It had been stopped for a little while before i came across it. f**king appeared out of no where because its a sharp bend.

No i didn't know there was a car on the bend. It had been stopped for a little while before i came across it. f**king appeared out of no where because its a sharp bend.

Lol. Well then it didn't appear from anywhere did it? It didn't move.

You were just going too fast.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I really don't want to turn this into one of those threads mate but accept the blame and move on. You were going to quick.

It's kinda the perfect example of not knowing what's round the corner.

Iceberg 172
Yeah, don't wanna flame but if you can't stop in time for a danger around a corner you are going too fast! Period!
We all get carried away on country roads though so people in glass houses etc etc!

Experience is one of those things money can't buy!

320d
Wtf were u doing that. Didn't notice it had stopped? If u went into the back of me I'd be raging

Do you need somebody to define accident for you?

The lads made a mistake. Yes if he was following the always make sure you can stop in the distance you can see to be clear rule he wouldn't have crashed, but he did, accidents happen.

To the OP: Sorry to hear about the bump mate, been there myself when I first started driving, it taught me a lot and made a better driver.

Hope you get the car all sorted. Glad your ok.

Chocolate Orange 172
Let us know how you get on mate, would say I could help you out but we have sold all the fronts off the ones we had. If I get anymore I shall give you a shout!

Chocolate Orange 172
Just a heads up mate we have a clio coming in today on a 2003 plate which might have all the parts you need on it so shall keep you posted and let you know the score when it appears!

Clio 172
Young lad crashes into innocent person and complains insurance is too expensive...

Isn't the biggest thing that makes insurance so expensive is people falsely claiming for 'whiplash' etc?
Technically I'm not adding to the statistics that make insurance so expensive because neither party is making a claim.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Isn't the biggest thing that makes insurance so expensive is people falsely claiming for 'whiplash' etc?
Technically I'm not adding to the statistics that make insurance so expensive because neither party is making a claim.

The fact you crashed into a r****d isn't really the point is it.

You crashed your car. You are a young driver and people just like you are the reason we are all paying sky high insurance premiums.

And as for fake whiplash claims, its kind of a moot point because if people didn't crash, then there would be nobody to claim against int the first place.

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, last year of Clio ownership for me I reckon, May as well get an S2k as by the time my renewal comes around so many 1.2's will have been totalled by children that the insurance on a 172 will be more than a Veyron

Clio 172
The fact you crashed into a r****d isn't really the point is it.

You crashed your car. You are a young driver and people just like you are the reason we are all paying sky high insurance premiums.

And as for fake whiplash claims, its kind of a moot point because if people didn't crash, then there would be nobody to claim against int the first place.

Everybody makes mistakes, everybody will crash at some point. Yes, I may be young but that doesn't mean I'm going to crash, the fact that I'm inexperienced makes me more likely to have an accident.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why are you trying to argue with me when all you're doing is agreeing with me?

All of what you just wrote is correct, so why complain about insurance when you are the very person that you are writing about?!

Listerine & Poledo
I may be young but that doesn't mean I'm going to crash, the fact that I'm inexperienced makes me more likely to have an accident.

way to contradict yourself in one sentence.

Thing is, provided you're not a complete remeidal, you'll have learnt from it and will come away as a more concious and safer driver.