ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio valver MISSFIRING..why?? !!!

clio valver
hey everyone. iv just bought a 1995 clio 1.8 16v with abit of a misfire. the problem is that the spark plug cavities keep filling with water and gettin the plugs and leads wet therefore makin it misfire. so i changed the rocker gasket thinkin it was that and replaced the plugs and leads. after one day of runnin perfect the misfire came back and the cavities were full again ! i was then told it is probly the two core plugs that are sat in between the spark plugs. ive just replaced them also and taken out for a test drive. it was ok for about 5 minutes and the misfire as came back worse than ever ! ive just pulled the plugs out to try for water and they are a little wet but nowhere near as bad as what they were before...but still the missfire. any ideas anyone??

thanks

rob

does your bonnet vent have the rain catcher fitted?

could be any number of things but with the nice weather recently i dont think it will be the vent.

when does it misfire? at idle, mid revs... etc

C2 VTS from Fri
PFC mag this month lists most common misfire as MAP sensor or throttle body iirc. Although you obviously have a water ingress problem so may not be as applicable.