ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 needed for recording session...

Hi all, I’m Dave and I’m a video games sound designer.

I’m looking for two hot sounding 2004/5 Renault Clio Sport V6 to be available for recording on the rolling road in the anechoic chamber at MIRA (Motor Industry Research Association) facility in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

<A>http://www.mira.co.uk/

What we need:

1) For you to be available – sometime in 1st week of October – we have a three day slot to be confirmed. This may start Sun 2nd October. All depends on availability of drivers/cars.

2) TWO of each car – if you have a mate on the forum, could be a good time to meet up. Recording slots will be allocated and we will arrange for vehicle pairs to arrive same day/time if possible.

3) Modified car – anything that affects how it sounds is important. De-cat pipe, after market exhaust, air filter etc. The LOUDER the better J

4) Preferably to be reasonably close to Nuneaton – last time we had a £200 bill for an RX7 to drive from Scotland!

We offer:

1) Credit in the game

2) Petrol paid

3) Copy of game on your platform of choice - PS2, XBOX, PSP or PC.

Please PM me if you are interested. I’ll give you the email and phone number of a contact at the developers so you can check the authenticity of this request. Of course you’ll get mine as well. Oh and can you please tell me RPM red-line please.

Here is a list of ALL the cars we are looking to source should you know anybody with one:

1) 2005 Ford Mustang (4.6Litre, 24v V8, 300bhp, 4500rpm)

2) 2004/5 Renault Clio Sport V6 (V6, 3.0Litre, 24v V6, 226bmp, 7550rpm)

3) 1998 Fiat Coupe (2.0Litre, 20v, Turbo, 220bhp@5759rpm)

4) 2005 Citroen C2 VTR (1.6Litre, 16v, 4cyl)

5) 2004/5 Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport (1.8Litre 20v turbo, 255bhp, 5900rpm)

6) 2004/5 Renault Megane (1.9Litre, 16v turbo, 225bhp, 5500rpm)

7) 2005 Toyota Scion TC (2.4Litre, 160bhp, 5700rpm)

8) New Honda - ??? – Apparently under NDA (might be like a Civic?)

Thanks,

Dave

You dont need a Trophy ;( What game will this be? which company? codemasters? will the game be called chav street racing?

@ Toonboy - I expect your Trophy would sound quite different to a V6 Clio, but I must say out of ALL the cars we recorded last time - a little 2.0 clio (with 1.2 one the side) and with no seats! Sounded better than everything, RX7, Supra, FTO included. :)

@ Martin_89 - cheers, yeah, my mistake, its been pointed out quite a few times! :)

@ Jonny boy - thanks for the link, Ill cross post later, off out for a beer soon.

[Edited by Daves_SFX on 28 August 2005 at 6:29pm]

V6 255 Illiad Blue

I live in Rugby and have been to MIRA with work. I suppose you are looking to use the acoustic chambers? I have a std Mk2 255 V6. Id do it for a laugh. PM me or better still mail me @ mailto:ahicks16@ford.com">ahicks16@ford.com I may even be able to get a Mustang out of the big blue if i can convince marketing that it would improve sales - who really gives a sh*t tho - it means nailing another development car he he he

Just got a PM from BenR about this, been away all weekend so sorry for being slow. If youre covering fuel costs Id be interested, I am in Manchester though. Last time the car was sound checked at Oulton Park I came out at 101db. BenR fitted a full system for me, manifolds, de-cat, back box... Sounds a lot more race-bred, bit like a Porsche actually. Anyway, Im rambling so just let me know if its of interest to you.

Mitch