ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6, KW coilovers and H&R spacers....

An orange one
Just raised it another 5 front and 10 rear, I went out for a quick blast and was paranoid over every dip rut and bump that it was going to catch...

I'll get it right eventually lol

An orange one
Today's height... In a wierd way it looks more purposeful being slightly higher?!

1B6C99C8-BFDC-489F-9974-2F8F6DF9DBD1_zpsxoftnbg2.png

Just raised it another 5 front and 10 rear, I went out for a quick blast and was paranoid over every dip rut and bump that it was going to catch...

I'll get it right eventually lol
I reckon will the few miles you've done ride height testing you've covered your annual mileage ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looks much better raised up 5mm more on the front and leave it!

An orange one
Perfect!

You are correct. It looks so purposeful, just, so right!

Also, I'm very proud of my non car enthusiast female from being able to ID the GTR from the first pic lol

Thanks Knuckles, think the local BMW dealers are going to sort the Geo out soon so won't have to wait a month to get to Revolution at gateshead :up:

Also... She sounds like a keeper lol. The GTR is an epic piece of machinery! As much as I love and want an M3, BMW Needs to listen to a GTR on cold start, sounds so damn good!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks Knuckles, think the local BMW dealers are going to sort the Geo out soon so won't have to wait a month to get to Revolution at gateshead :up:

Also... She sounds like a keeper lol. The GTR is an epic piece of machinery! As much as I love and want an M3, BMW Needs to listen to a GTR on cold start, sounds so damn good!

Is that how far forward theyre booked?!

She, sounds like something lol.

I adore GTRs, one pulled away from some lights past me the other day and although it was as good as gold, it sounded unreal!

BG V6, LY 182
Today's height... In a wierd way it looks more purposeful being slightly higher?!

1B6C99C8-BFDC-489F-9974-2F8F6DF9DBD1_zpsxoftnbg2.png

Why have I only just seen this!!!

About bloody time too! 2 years later you finally have them looks awesome at that height.
Looks slightly lower than mine I think.
Had any issues with bumps yet?

Be more careful at the lakes this time, you'll be surprised how much difference it makes. That scrape noise is still planted firmly in my head!

An orange one
Why have I only just seen this!!!

About bloody time too! 2 years later you finally have them looks awesome at that height.
Looks slightly lower than mine I think.
Had any issues with bumps yet?

Be more careful at the lakes this time, you'll be surprised how much difference it makes. That scrape noise is still planted firmly in my head!

Haha cheers Paul, yeah at long bloody last eh!! I was wondering how it compared height wise to yours, I also remember that noise as your front bumper ploughed into the road leaving that carpark 🙈

I got the coilovers from Revolution and they also supplied and set up the coilovers on my old TT.. I'm quite often over at Newcastle or the metro shopping with the wife, carlisle is crap for shops lol! Looking forward to the Lakes meet like!!

New discs and pads finally fitted yesterday! The arches are looking nice now with all the shiny new toys!

7E511A44-5968-4158-A892-D168856CE0B3_zpsju831aqx.jpg
Looking good! I painted up the the centres of mine & the edge of the discs. It was a mission but it stops them going rusty / manky etc.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Seeing this car in the flesh on Saturday reminded me of how nice they are again!! Absolute peach!

Clio v6
Colin are you running apex discs and redstuff pads? Have you had any squealing issues? v6 looks absolutely perfect btw!

An orange one
Colin are you running apex discs and redstuff pads? Have you had any squealing issues? v6 looks absolutely perfect btw!

No squealing at all mate, the rear of the pads were greased up before fitting though which is meant to help!

You not fancy the V6 lakes meet 20th June mate?

Clio v6
No squealing at all mate, the rear of the pads were greased up before fitting though which is meant to help!

You not fancy the V6 lakes meet 20th June mate?

Thanks mate, I'll whip them apart tonight and have a look. I'm sure Rich @ Dryclough Garage said he'd heavily greased them though.

I am properly tempted and have nearly added my name to the list, but I'm at the ring the following weekend! I might nip over for a quick blast between the meals though.

An orange one
Stupidly nice!!

Those seats are awesome, should of come from the factory like it

Thanks mate, yeah the seats are one of my favourite parts! Suprisingly on a longish drive they are extremely comfortable too!

An orange one
65CB943B-2FAA-45DC-A6CE-D34433A0ACFA_zpsqbixf4fv.jpg

AE1C0947-B478-4F33-88A6-DDBD4824D971_zps1vwmj2mu.jpg

DBD44508-63D4-4849-9140-EB33F91821B4_zpscimvztcg.jpg

The final piece of the suspension jigsaw is currently underway. These guys are so knowledgeable and professional it's awesome! As you can see everything is miles out, they are going to put a slightly more aggressive fast road set up on it so looking forward to trying it out!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
A couple of my mates were talking to you today up at Revolution, they own their own detailing shop. They mentioned to me they saw a red v6 on coilovers and I knew immediately it was this.

Still looking Great Colin :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks great dude!
Mine's in the garage having the tracking arms sorted, discs and pads all round a full geo, really looking forward to getting it back as I know it should be a lot better to drive! Will probably mean I keep it so hoping to see yours at the lakes run!

An orange one
FFS, turns out the rear Toe adjustable parts are siezed solid and I'll need to order new ones, :persevere: Dread to think how much those will be with V6 tax!

So it's only half done, means another trip over when the parts arrive. :rage:
Couldn't tell what it drove like on the way home as the winds were so high the car was all over the shop, V6's HATE high winds, borderline dangerous when a big gust hits the car and tries to blow it into oncoming traffic!

An orange one
I couldn't even afford to steal that lol.

Do you think you'll ever get rid, Colin?

Not planning to Danny mate, I had a near sell moment end of last year when a real good cash waiting offer came up, even my wife said not to do it, I listened, was the best thing I ever did! Obviously everything has a price, but it would have to start with a 4 now, so it's not going anywhere!

A couple of my mates were talking to you today up at Revolution, they own their own detailing shop. They mentioned to me they saw a red v6 on coilovers and I knew immediately it was this.

Still looking Great Colin :smile:

Haha! Can't go anywhere without people asking about the car and commenting on it! :)

Looks great dude!
Mine's in the garage having the tracking arms sorted, discs and pads all round a full geo, really looking forward to getting it back as I know it should be a lot better to drive! Will probably mean I keep it so hoping to see yours at the lakes run!

Hope mine doesn't need the same parts yours did Joe!! They were very expensive weren't they?? See you in 2 weeks mate!