ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT rebuild pics

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Have been doing a few mods over winter to the clio including an engine rebuild and some major body mods. I wanted to reduce the clios body weight by another 100 kg + so i have butchered a lot of the metal frame work, fitted plastic windows, light weight racing seat, removed all the interior including carpets and door panels + lots more. I have removed the internal metal door frames and window mechanisms, the front and rear wiper motors and mechanisms, external dr mirrors + any item that will cause drag and is not needed.

The engine has been rebuilt using JE forged pistons and rods and an HKS large core intercooler has been fitted with water injection to reduce the air intake temp. An uprated clutch has also been fitted due to the extreme launches the car recieves at the strip. Mickey thompson racing slicks now sit proud on the frt rims.

Was getting fed up with people not lining up against me at the strip as they knew the car and didnt want to race it so ive fitted a MK2 PH2 front and rear end on the car and its getting repainted in matt black ( hence the new user name ;) ) you guys know the car so the disguise is for the rest of the drag racing crowd.

Will be finished next week but ive decided to keep the car at 336bhp and see what difference it makes with the weight loss before i get it remapped up to 400 bhp

J3ned

Attachments

• rebuild 026.jpg
    rebuild 026.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 670
  • rebuild 010.jpg
    rebuild 010.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,105
  • rebuild 021.jpg
    rebuild 021.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 905
  • rebuild 001.jpg
    rebuild 001.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 525
  • rebuild 032.jpg
    rebuild 032.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 440
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
some more

Attachments

• rebuild 023.jpg
    rebuild 023.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 269
  • rebuild 024.jpg
    rebuild 024.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 322
  • REBUILD PICS 001.jpg
    REBUILD PICS 001.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 366
  • REBUILD PICS 005.jpg
    REBUILD PICS 005.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 349
  • REBUILD PICS 006.jpg
    REBUILD PICS 006.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 416
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
and more

Attachments

• clio mod.JPG
    clio mod.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 548
  • intercooler 003.jpg
    intercooler 003.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 264
  • rebuild 013.jpg
    rebuild 013.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 463
  • rebuild 019.jpg
    rebuild 019.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 499
  • rebuild 030.jpg
    rebuild 030.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 358
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Your still ghey tho! Wanna buy a OMP/Sparco strut Brace?

When i see you at the pod im gonna make you get on your knees and suck my c**k in front of the crowd - then b**ch slap you

MERCEDES CLS AMG
RSi Dave said:
Looks cool, very sleeperish :D

Whats the cooling like with the new front end? The old bonnet had vents didnt it?

The front end is standard at the moment as the new intercooler isnt mounted - once its on there will be major changes to the front to allow airflow to the cooler

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
oo.. so every thing fits under the bonnent now? How much do you think that car weighs now?

Edit; just read your above comment.. still, weight?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
RSi Dave said:
Looks cool, very sleeperish :D

Whats the cooling like with the new front end? The old bonnet had vents didnt it?

what he ^^ said, I'm wondering too!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Last year i was pullin up on the line and people werent lining up against me, so if they see the slightest bit of orange i will have the same problems this year - it helps when you race another car.....gets the adrenalin flowin

Polo GTi
MATT BLACK said:
Last year i was pullin up on the line and people werent lining up against me, so if they see the slightest bit of orange i will have the same problems this year - it helps when you race another car.....gets the adrenalin flowin

Yeah it will look good matt black, white would of been good too

1996 Valver
That's cool, Do you have mant problems getting the power down???
I will race you........(on my motorbike!)

Remapped derv Golf
Will the mk2 front enable you to buy a carbon bonnet? but i suppose you could have just bought a alloy 172 one on the old front couldnt you.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Matt lose sum weight u turkey.

Ive started to go to weight watchers with your mum - cant concentrate on the classes though as she keeps trying to suck my c**k on the gym floor all the time

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Adamf said:
Will the mk2 front enable you to buy a carbon bonnet? but i suppose you could have just bought a alloy 172 one on the old front couldnt you.

he could have a carbon bonnet for either phase!

320d
Fantastic mods, what will the cars kerb weight be? power/weight?

So the back end is going Mk2 aswell, rear lights and bumper?

Are the bump strips going back on? 1.2 badges ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MATT BLACK said:
Ive started to go to weight watchers with your mum - cant concentrate on the classes though as she keeps trying to suck my c**k on the gym floor all the time

PMSL...Dirty b**ch!