ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy STOLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Taken from Cliotrophy.co.uk

"Hello Trophy owners

My Clio Trophy, which I’ve had from new, was stolen this week. It was parked on the road just outside the house. During the night thieves broke into house front door and stole the keys. In the morning the car was gone.

Stolen from Nimrod Road, London SW16. Reg is LV55 EJJ and issue number 459. It was immaculate and I’m utterly devastated.

I know there is little hope of recovery but if anyone does by chance hear or see anything please alert me or the Tooting Police.

Thank you
Keith"

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/52703-Stolen-Clio-Trophy-LV55-EJJ

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Does this have anything to do with it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-RENA...9037270?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27f11e92d6

"OTHER:This car was subject of a theft with key, no damage was done whatsoever, NOT cat D/C recovered the same day, bought by myself and had to get keys cut, the very next day the auctionhouse sent me the original keys! typical, so in short has 4 keys! May come in useful if you loose things easy lol"

Could be related?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Does this have anything to do with it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-RENA...9037270?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27f11e92d6

"OTHER:This car was subject of a theft with key, no damage was done whatsoever, NOT cat D/C recovered the same day, bought by myself and had to get keys cut, the very next day the auctionhouse sent me the original keys! typical, so in short has 4 keys! May come in useful if you loose things easy lol"

Could be related?
Related in that it's a Trophy too?

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
No I meant as in it could be the same car, but it would seem not I suppose, just seemed a co-incidence that two trophys had been stolen.

Transit & Death trap
No I meant as in it could be the same car, but it would seem not I suppose, just seemed a co-incidence that two trophys had been stolen.

Definitely not the same car, I've met the trader who's selling that Trophy on eBay, he came and bought the rear seats off me weeks ago and told me the whole story, regarding buying it from ASM or something and having new keys done, etc.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Yeah after posting I kinda figured it wasn't the same car, oh well haha !

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Feel for the owner, this is a genuinely heartbreaking thing to happen, especially as it's been owned from new!

Fingers crossed it turns up, my advice.. SOCIAL MEDIA!

Feel for the owner, this is a genuinely heartbreaking thing to happen, especially as it's been owned from new!

Fingers crossed it turns up, my advice.. SOCIAL MEDIA!
As youve just seen Ive shared it lol ;)

Its currently on;
Renault UK
Renault Cars & Parts for sale
Clio Sport Owners Club (& instagram)
Slamber Town
Club Clio

clio 182
This is not related, well is really.. I sometimes wonder about the cars that are breaking on here... all this great bits and pieces attached, why would you want to sell it or break it.. I think that on here, if a car is breaking on here I think that the number plate and id should be shown..

That,s just be been super cautious, but you can see what I mean..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I sometimes wonder about the cars that are breaking on here... all this great bits and pieces attached, why would you want to sell it or break it..

Because you can buy an highly modified ITB'd clio for £3k, then brake it for £5k.
Terrible news about the Trophy in the OP however, fingers crossed it will turn up somewhere & can be returned to the owner.

clio 182
Do you not think that they should prove identity of the car... just so we can guarantee that we are buying bits from a stolen car?

clio 182
so you think nobody should prove it??
How do you know your not buying parts of this trophy...

all i,m saying is that wouldn't it better for every bodies piece of mind that you knew what car they came off

Transit & Death trap
Do you not think that they should prove identity of the car... just so we can guarantee that we are buying bits from a stolen car?

Hardly a foolproof plan, they'd just use a different reg surely!
I get your point, but sellers providing proof of ownership and buyers doing a HPi check is long!

Nissan 350z
With the Trophys all being numbered theres no way that will stay in this country or if it does it will end up as parts. Sad times :(

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Feel for the OP but still do not understand why people leave keys in easy access of those breaking in.

Transit & Death trap
With the Trophys all being numbered theres no way that will stay in this country or if it does it will end up as parts. Sad times 😧
Seems like a lot of risk, for not a very big reward. Would it be worth decent money abroad? Surely it'd be cheap enough to import if you really wanted one.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
so you think nobody should prove it??
How do you know your not buying parts of this trophy...
All i,m saying is that wouldn't it better for every bodies piece of mind that you knew what car they came off

It would be impossible to regulate. For example, i could have one legit, hpi clear clio with a load of parts, then 10 clios that ive nicked, also with parts. I give the IDs for the legit one, but sell 11 coil packs off it. The thought is a good one, but it simply wouldnt work.

Re: the numbering of a Trophy, only the Recaros have a number, & Renault have no record of which number links to which VIN.

clio 182
This is going to feel like a dig @ Lewellyn, it isn't meant to be..
As i know you break loads of Clio's.. not ever body is on the forum who owns Clio's

But how do we knows its not stolen... this isn't a dig at you but a picture of a car in your garage of a car with no number plates..

clio 182
Milk.... a bit of subject detour...I'm not saying anybody on here is stealing anything I,m saying how can we be sure that we can really know ...

clio 182
Do you not think if you are breaking a car on here for what ever reason, you should at least prove its yours to break...

Do people elsewhere have to prove it, and how would they prove it?

I get what you're saying, but the reality is just no. Check eBay, physicial breaker yards and anywhere else you can buy car parts from - absolutely none of them prove to anyone they own the car!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You seem to be missing the point. It is not CS's responsibility to check the legitimacy of the traders. That is up to the buyer.
In addition, there is no easy way for a trader to prove themselves as legitimate which isn't flawed anyway.

clio 182
You know when you wished that you hadn't started a conversation, its nobodies responsibility apart from our own.. but if you have got a stolen Clio where would you most likely look for the somebody to buy this bits...

On E bay you would look for feedback, and from breakers yards you would like to think that its all above board..

There's feedback on here also :]

And in all honesty, if I was selling a stolen cars parts, I wouldn't sell it on a car forum where you have to buy membership to make adverts, which requires an address, paypal etc.

People on car forums are generally enthusiasts so are more likely to notice stolen stuff over fleabay and bumtree, especially as you always see stolen adverts on the forums.

Maybe it's just me.

clio 182
I used to get mini-world in the olden days, they used to have a car called bogus, blue car white roof .. with a KAD 16v engine in.. the thief's took it broke it and were stupid enough to advertise the bits on the website... thief's are crafty not clever, we are not talking Oceans 12.. just somebodies car stolen, just saying I think that if somebody is breaking a car on here, they should show the registration number.. peace of mind for us all..

Clio 182
I used to get mini-world in the olden days, they used to have a car called bogus, blue car white roof .. with a KAD 16v engine in.. the thief's took it broke it and were stupid enough to advertise the bits on the website... thief's are crafty not clever, we are not talking Oceans 12.. just somebodies car stolen, just saying I think that if somebody is breaking a car on here, they should show the registration number.. peace of mind for us all..

Maybe you could do this and monitor all the cars on here.

But what does Reg number give you?

a. it will cost to HPI
b. it may not be recorded as stolen yet
c. how do you prove the owner owns it without the owner giving you documentation he wont want to give you for a bumper or whatever you're buying
d. if it's classed as a writeoff, do you follow up and question why/how etc.
e. there's plenty more but that's enough.

Tbh if you were interested in a part, then you yourself could ask for reg, but personally I don't see the point.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I imagine there will be a high probability that someone on here knows about that trophy. Im not saying a regular active member, but someone who has a registered cliosport user name either member or user.

This wont of been randomly stolen to then sell on the parts. It was either stolen by someone who wants the parts themselves or for someone else. Either way, agreed before the theft took place.

Of course that is my opinion, but i dont think parts from this trophy will never be advertised on a forum / Ebay. It would be my guess that they already had a new owner while the genuine owner still had it safe with him.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its been posted on the following sites and I'm hoping that even if the car is being broken someone from one of the following would come forward if they seen anything.

Renault UK
Renault Cars & Parts for sale
Clio Sport Owners Club (& instagram)
Slamber Town
Club Clio
Cliors.de
Cliowelt.de
informed: Cliotrophy.ch

And its been posted across Germany and Austria as well from other trophy owners over on the Trophy forum.
will keep my eyes open on parts and the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.