ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy: Dealer Prices

clio gone :(

If I walked into a dealer today, said to them I want a Clio Trophy NOW / cash whatever, what do you reckon they could sell one for?

Ive seen the threads here saying £12,500, even £12,000...but it doesnt sound that believable for the joe publics...

hmmm...how many were made? Interesting...might just wait and see what happens. Looks like the Clios are depreciating by the second...

Porsche GT4, Eagle

500 Trophys will be sold in the UK. the only other country to see them is Switzerland and they only get 25.

I test drove one in Stourbridge today. They will sell you a new one for £13500 dead (OTR).

Ben

Porsche GT4, Eagle

Quote: Originally posted by Richy123 on 13 July 2005
So guzzler how does it compare to a vxr? 

I need to update my profile - the VXR was sold to free up cash for a Clio, an R1 and a Hot Tub!

So I guess you know there is no real comparison between the Clio Trophy and the VXR excpet to say the Clio was also great fun to drive.

The Trophy v 182 (+Cup packs). IMO the difference was not as great as I had imagined. If I was looking to buy a new Clio today I would buy the Trophy but the £4000 it would cost to upgrade is not worth it to me.

I have to add tho that I suspect the Trophy I drove was not in good order because it went round left and right hand bends completely differently. I told the Salesman and he promises to get it checked out.

Quote: Originally posted by Guzzler on 14 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Richy123 on 13 July 2005

So guzzler how does it compare to a vxr?

I need to update my profile - the VXR was sold to free up cash for a Clio, an R1 and a Hot Tub!

So I guess you know there is no real comparison between the Clio Trophy and the VXR excpet to say the Clio was also great fun to drive.

what about the comparison between the Trophy & the Hot Tub??:p

182 Trophy

Im looking at buying one and the price i was given was well below the autotrader prices, just a hint to shop around.

Clio Cup

Their nearly all sold so they cant discount is the line i got today when i rang up another dealer close to me. I need my deal done close to home as i cant get time of work to travel anywhere other than collect the bankers draft and a few miles to the garage.

I dont think its unreasonable asking for a discount on a car with the longevity of a 2 stroke rac rep but your made to feel like a real chancer when you ask.

Hmmm, 500 almost all sold? I wouldnt like to say either way...

Oh well...Autotrader will come in handy in a few weeks:

Clio 182 Trophy - need quick sale etc G/F pregnant yadda yadda ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

thought they planned a 1000. weve sold about 6 already not sure what the price is though. ill find out.

well we all know renault they will probabley bring out another 2 models after this trophy model and make even more than 500 cars as well.

i dont think there will be extra models, that would be biggest piss take ever even by renault standards. Is that 280 orders and deposits or cars on the road? how up to date is the info?

182 Trophy

That was from around 3-4 days ago, im presuming its cars on the road and orders and deposits taken.

Quote: Originally posted by Richy123 on 16 July 2005
Renault colindale went there today and guy said their get 1k over list for it, no discounts.

what do you mean? can you clarify?

Clio Cup

I asked for a discount if i purchased it there and then, and the salesman said that no discounts are available and also pointed out that they could get £1000 over list price for it easily if they kept it there 6 months.

GW Clio 200

Richy did you phone Wesley... He would give you the car for £13,300.

If anyone wants that price PM me...I can get that for you..but be quick because they are selling out fast!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Richy123 on 16 July 2005
I asked for a discount if i purchased it there and then, and the salesman said that no discounts are available and also pointed out that they could get £1000 over list price for it easily if they kept it there 6 months.

seems doubtful it could sell for 16500 in 6 months? That will be second hand v6 mk2 money almost.

Thanks for the PM .:xTreme:. - best price Ive got to is with a local (ish) dealer, who will do me one for £12,995 OTR (6 months tax tho), theyve got one in the showroom - but are very keen to do the deal this month only...

Very tempted now - Thats less than I paid for my 182 in April last year!

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

i couldve had 1 for £13,100 from a local dealer but they were only goni give me £5000 for my cup on a trade in its a 52 plate with 22k miles on it

Brisol my lover..

Weve got one at S.j cooks Bristol not a pre reg, prob sort some sort of deal out for a fellow clio sport member :Don it give me a shout on 01179579700 jon.

when are all the people who paid 12400 gonna appear from the wood work? there must be at least 10-20 people who have paid this for them who got lucky and got them at cost. dont think you can still get them for this though.

Clio Cup

Well i thought i better put a deposit down at their asking price given all the press lately it seems they would have been all sold if i didnt act fast.