ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trackday Guide? (Burp, D4ve, MarkCup, etc)

M2 Competition
Fair enough but at least there's nothing to hit....on my first go! ;)

What tyre pressures should I be running with 15s? I'm running slightly less than the book pressure for the standard 16s.

First airfield day my mate nudged a tyre wall, caused over a grands worth of damage to his car. Caused by the poor surface (he's a very talented driver). Nothing to hit...

Nothing like a trackday, and you'll get a daft amount of stonechips!

'tight' will be fine with an oridinary wheel brace but a torque wrench is handy to have anyway

not sure what Paradas are like on track but have heard that they're good (Yokos always have been in my experience) but using new tyres isn't ideal as they'll be more prone to overheating and you might scrub them badly (outside of NSF in particular). personally, i'd keep an eye on wear after each session and be prepared to call it a day early if they're taking too much punishment

172 Race Car
I've got my first trackday booked at Curborough Sprint Track, only £47.50!
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LABHAhZFGug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LABHAhZFGug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Not a 'real' track mate. all 2nd gear corners

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks for the help :)

I say new tyres, they have done 1k miles so not brand new.

Burp, I know it is only a short low speed track, but for a beginner it's perfect. Quiet, open, plenty of time to play and dirt cheap.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Alot of experienced drivers here, good advice coming

I cant decide whether id take my car on track although i have this burning desire to go to the 'Ring

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

Burp, I know it is only a short low speed track, but for a beginner it's perfect. Quiet, open, plenty of time to play and dirt cheap.

Watch out for the mole hill. Can still remember the 205 that partly rolled into it.

BMW F21 125d
I cant decide whether id take my car on track although i have this burning desire to go to the 'Ring

That is exactly where I am at! But i think if i want to go to the ring, I'm going to have to do my local track, Oulton Park first. I've heard nothing but good things from people who have driven a few tracks, I've passengered with my mates a fair few times, just never had the balls to do it on my own!

172 Race Car

who have u booked with?

Do you know if u are using the full sprint layout or just the circuit like i was?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
who have u booked with?

Do you know if u are using the full sprint layout or just the circuit like i was?

A bloke at work has hired it out for the day.

I'm guessing it will be the full sprint track, although either way for under £50 I'm not gonna complain, should have plenty of track time in the day and it's only 30 mins from my house.

IMO tyres are the thing to keep your eye on the most...

check for sidewalls rubbing etc, if so up your pressure