ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio to drift? turbo discount?

80MPG BEEZA
right quick couple of questions

1. Is it possible to set the suspension and camber on my clio so it has loads of oversteer so i cud proper drift it? not wanting all the get a rwd just wondering if its possible as i'd love it

2.As we know we get a 5% off at k-tec so do you wreckon if i spent 10k there getting the turbo and all the rest of the jazz i'd still get 5% off?

thanks

You wont "drift" in a FWD car, just oversteer! But why?

I doubt it, 5% is f**k all really (obviously its a bit more with 10k being spent lol) but i doubt they would actually give it to you, and 10k turbo on a clio is hardly worth it imo!

Lionel Richie
lol, you'll have to come out on track in our demo car mate

you can set the suspension up however you want, understeer, oversteer etc etc

it depeds if you have the skills to drive it that matters also!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Indeed, you've not just watched FF3 have you ??

Anyway, quick solution, get some metal trays and put them under your back wheels. A temporary fun session can then be had, without smoking tyres !!

80MPG BEEZA
well obvisously i dont have the skills to do it but i wanna learn how and if i dont get a turbo i expect you to be t/b my clio for me with a nice discount but i still havent had clutch prices yet ;) and the oil cooler

BMW M4; S1000 RR
steve740 said:
A lot of people run fwd cars for drifting so it is possible. You've just got to be good enough to use them!!!

You cannot "drift" a FWD car, just not possible as there is no drive to the rear wheels.

cliokhunt said:
Indeed, you've not just watched FF3 have you ??

Anyway, quick solution, get some metal trays and put them under your back wheels. A temporary fun session can then be had, without smoking tyres !!

You just have to put up with giving spectators open heart surgery when the trays flip up from under your wheels!!! :dead:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
steve740 said:
You just have to put up with giving spectators open heart surgery when the trays flip up from under your wheels!!! :dead:

See, here's the top one, you can just take your handbrake off and drive off normally !!

Still, I can't see how they would gain any altitude from being pushed to the floor by 500kg....

Expect sparks though, so if you do get your mates to watch, tell them to bring glasses.

80MPG BEEZA
no just a while ago coming home in the rain i'd only had a pint going round the roundabout the backend kicked out and i caught it and thought it was mint i've only seen the 1st ff there abit lame tbh i just wana have a clio going sideways tiz all

Lionel Richie
Batman said:
well obvisously i dont have the skills to do it but i wanna learn how and if i dont get a turbo i expect you to be t/b my clio for me with a nice discount but i still havent had clutch prices yet ;) and the oil cooler

prices are on the way, luckly really considering i'm on HOLIDAY

the definitions of a HOLIDAY is as follows

1. A day free from work that one may spend at leisure, especially a day on which custom or the law dictates a halting of general business activity to commemorate or celebrate a particular event.
2. A religious feast day; a holy day.
3. Chiefly British. A vacation. Often used in the phrase on holiday.

80MPG BEEZA
i'm sure if u had enough oversteer and enough torgue in the front wheels u cud have it going sideways thats all i want i dont ask why people want there car to go over 180mph but people do it for there own reasons

Clio mk1 1.2
dont need metal trays jsut put some trays from maccy ds or kfc under the rear wheels pull handbrake upa dn put it in first gear, steering is really like tho

the trays are plastic u will burn through them quick

80MPG BEEZA
where are they on there way to? a morgage advisors?
just hit me where it hurts i mean k-tecs are 400 sure u can sizzle that
:)
then i gotta get it fitted to :(

Clio mk1 1.2
in my clio i can do drifting for a lil while once the handbrake has been pull up QUICK and put back down, you got to be able 2 keep it going tho

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
NO japanese people dont drift fwd cars... its not possible, drifting is different to oversteer, in a fwd car you can get oversteer so the back end comes out a bit but drifting is completely different.

drifting requires the rear wheels to break traction but still rotate to make the car move...

if u oversteer a fwd car eventually it will either snap back straight, spin out or stop... a rwd car that has had the traction broken either by weight shifting, locking the back wheels (either with handbreak or locking the diff by down shifting) or power oversteer it will keep sliding and keep the wheels spinning for a LONG time! much more than a fwd car will hold oversteer...

watch a fwd car get oversteer and how much it slows down, watch a rwd oversteer or drift and see how much of its speed it keeps...

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIFT A FWD CAR!

Lionel Richie
Batman said:
where are they on there way to? a morgage advisors?
just hit me where it hurts i mean k-tecs are 400 sure u can sizzle that
:)
then i gotta get it fitted to :(

£400!!!! yes we can beat that no problem

80MPG BEEZA
FredYozzasport said:
£400!!!! yes we can beat that no problem

woo chuffed to bits then! so long as it holds together i'm just hoping the problem i'm having is the release bearing i'm sure it must be leaking oil which has lead the clutch to slip as it keeps kicking oil out of the breather to :( ohh wooa is my car

Lionel Richie
release bearing won't leak oil mate, it doesn't have any to leak!!!

crankshaft oil seals occasionally go which covers the flyweel and clutch in oil, but then the car wouldn't move

80MPG BEEZA
FredYozzasport said:
release bearing won't leak oil mate, it doesn't have any to leak!!!

crankshaft oil seals occasionally go which covers the flyweel and clutch in oil, but then the car wouldn't move

if i take the clutch cablt off and move the arm about it sounds dead rattly and clunky (tin like) if i do mway journeys or long periods in 5th gear it kicks gbox poil out through the breather and if i boot it it seems to jump like the powers not getting to the wheels i caned it the other day and it stunk of plastic

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
BluePete said:
that 106 isnt drifting lol!

u can do that in any fwd car yank the handbreak and drop it and your car will kick out like that...

the bmw is drifting the smoke coming off the rear tyres proves this lol, you need rwd to drift u cant do it in a fwd car ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

thats why no fwd cars are used in drift comps, if you were to try and link a drift (go from one direction to another) in a fwd car you would just stop or spin out... u need rwd to still push you along to do more than one slide!

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
You can get the back end out on any car(nearly!) but there is no momentum to keep it going! If you want to 'drift' get a rwd car. Go to a roundabout in the wet and practice there-I bet youll be able to get it sideways round the whole thing (just needs practise and care!)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Batman said:
right quick couple of questions

1. Is it possible to set the suspension and camber on my clio so it has loads of oversteer so i cud proper drift it? not wanting all the get a rwd just wondering if its possible as i'd love it

2.As we know we get a 5% off at k-tec so do you wreckon if i spent 10k there getting the turbo and all the rest of the jazz i'd still get 5% off?

thanks

:rofl: You pleb, why the hell anyone would spend 10k on a clio is beyond me. Do you know you could get a hell of a RWD car for 10k and learn to drift properly.

It just isn't worth the hassle or the time or even the money to do what your saying.

Honda Civic 2.0 TypeR
if you wanna spend 10k on a turbo to drift

i sujest u go to www.ebay.co.uk

were there are menny RX-7 twin turbos such as this one below

54_1.jpg

link- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mazda-RX7-2-4-Twin-Turbo-FD3S-Veilside-bodykit_W0QQitemZ130005323262QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18211QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for a fraction of 10k

now that wud drift assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss fooook :D

cock mobile.
PMSL, this thread is wicked, is it a wind up or it is serious!?

10k on a clio to drift it, PMSL!!!!!!!!!!

so easy to wind up the drift fanatics, all you gotta say it fwd can drift and watch the essays appear ;)

I'm not that stupid and hope there arn't people who think they can lmao

clio 200 F4Rt
this thread cant be serious? FWD drifting??? hahahhahaha, oversteer yes, drifting... not in a million years!

people need to stop reading max power magazine!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Lift off oversteer. Thats what I always took as the type of oversteer/drift you get in front wheel drive cars.

My Old Chap did a rally day in a 1.9 GTI Pug and he said the lift off oversteer was fantastic, but you needed to reapply the power to tow you through the corner, and if not you spin! On gravel I can understand the theory.

A word of warning though, I provoked my cup to oversteer like that on an airfield and it all gos a lttle crazy! Must be my bad driving but I caught it corrected a bit to much and was slightly off course, all rather quickly!

This is a link to a great video im sure you have all seen, on Jean Ragnotti drifting about in a Clio. Most is obviously with the hand brake but its great fun!

http://www.fastuning.com/video.php?id=153