ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio timeing belt.

Clio 2, 1999
Hey all,
i have a mk2 1. 8v. 62,000miles

hows long before i have to replace the timeing belt?

was guna ask reno but thought i might get ripped off!
cheers all.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
72k or every 5 years, whatever comes first.

I'd prefer to do mine early though, after mine snapping at 73k.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
I just got mine done yesterday from Renault - 72K miles

£220 all in including fan belt renewal and complete timing belt renewal including tensioners etc.

In my opinion is was worth spending the extra £70 or so to get Renault to do it becuase they know exactly what they are doing and there is very little chance of it messing up - as far as I can tell its not an easy job

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
on the d7f, its a really easy job, only has one camshaft, just a case of supporting the engine, taking off the left hand engine mount and timing belt covers, line up the reference marks, remove tensioner and idler, refit new ones, new belt on, tension belt, make sure marks are still lining up, refit engine mount.

Might sound like alot, but its actually pretty straightforward. Drivebelts are simple to change in the process aswell!