ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio The Best Car U've Owned?

RS Clio 200
been chatting out it in office, so thought id spread the fun.

Is your clio the best car you have owned?

For me in terms of fun yes, but in general its a big fat no. I still get cravings for another Leon Cupra...best by far in my list of cars

106 GTi
Overall as a total package to be honest yes. Still miss my old 205 & 309 GTis though.

FF cupped Arctic 182
I only have a Vauxhall Nova (my first car) to compare to :dapprove:
second car was a 1.4 clio, and now the 182... so obviously 182 wins.

I did have a brand new megane as a curtosy car and i enjoyed driving it. Shame it was like a slug compared to 182.

Impreza P1
I loved the Cup matey and i would say it is the most fun car i have had, it's a shame it went wrong all the time :(

Ford Racing Puma
I've owned a Mk3 fiesta, a Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S, a Clio 182 and now a Focus RS.

And the reverse order is pretty much my order of favourites :O)

Out of all the cars I've ever driven, would have to be the single seat race car @ Thruxton, lol!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
love the look of it, but black clios are too common.

Fave was my bright red 'Van Aaken" tuned Reno 19 RSi Turbo D (16 V spec)

182 Full Fatt!
If the best is for the longest period of time it's my '98 Prelude which I had for 4 years.
I like the Subaru a lot and it's stupidly quick. The 2 Clios I have had have been the most surprising! And they do most things well, but I wouldn't say they are the best cars I've owned. Too many things break! I've not owned anything for longer than a year since the Prelude went!
frontzd9.jpg

Ph1 172
yes it is the best but still not as much fun as my 106 rallye was so unreliable and such a firm ride was a road legal go-kart!
autotrader2.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My hybrid was the most fun car i've owned. So probably the best aswel. Still miss it to the day! Rapid little thing!

Valver7.gif

Bit of a freak with 185bhp from hardly any mods too! Just glad i owned it....:D

visualize whirled pe
I love my clio and it's easily the best car I've ever had in many respects but I absolutly miss my old corty,
mytina.gif

the same model year as the tawny brown one on 'life on mars' but mine was a rare 2 door and the daytona yellow was it's factory colour and those are Mustang II cobra slotmags!!
The rwd was ace in the wet, really chuckable for such a big car. I took it every where, I even slept in it when I went to V2000. I remember how excited I was when I bought it (for £500) I've never matched that excitement when buying a car since.

Shed.
Yeah. Only car ive ever owned. BUT ive never had any real problems with it. Cept when i got it. Needed enw tryred, shovkers and wipers.

TOUCH f**king WOOD its been a reliable car to me.

RB 182 with CUP packs
In a word no, my fav so far was my old DC5.

But I haven't done many miles in the Clio, so it might nick 2nd place.
My old CTR was great as was my old Mk5 Fiesta ZS (I could drive that thing to the limit all day everyday.....owning it 3 years probably helped), I've owned a few cars now & all have been good & bad in different areas, so I don't think I can could place the others under the DC5 @ the mo.

audi a6 3.0tdi
my best and worst was my zx but the clio comes a very close second i like these coz i choose them my other two my ex helped me pick and i hated them both

172's been my fastest, but best? No.

Best has got be the an Audi A3 2.0TDI. Not much in the way of steering/brake feel, etc, etc, but it was such a nice car to be in. With a long commute it was always comfy, economical, fast, had a great stereo. unfortunately it was a company car, and I had to give it back. Grrr.

Every car I've had has had different attributes that the others couldn't do.

I mean the 182 obviously don't have half the torque of the scoobs and loses out to the featherweight gt turbo, but its handles so sweetly you can forgive it almost anything.

I do miss the noise of the Impreza, If only the gt turbo was new and handled a bit nicer it would be untouchable, for a sheer adrenaline blast 170bhp 180lbft torque plus a stripped out weighbridge proven 830kgs with me in it! was so good :( I miss that, one of the main reasons Im getting a bike.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
fuk no! there good for the money but the quality is s**t!and working on um is a nightmare! apart from that there allrite lol;)

S2 106 GTI
most exciting car to drive would have been my AxGt! what a hoot! made out of kitchen foil and went like a rocket! Coupe was nice and quiet but small inside,

my order of cars were
- Fiesta XR2
- AXGT
- Clio 1.2????????
- Megane Coupe 2.0 16v, still in family sister has it!.
and now the 172 cup!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yes defo best car and best car before that was my phase 2 16v clio.

ive had 4 205 gtis, a 106 rallye mk1, clio 1.8 16v, fiesta, BMW e36 328 sport coupe, and an (ahem) orion (lasted a week and left it to rot with the shame of such a purchase).

205s were fun but had their time and were made of tinfoil, rallye was a constant pain in @rse with breaking down, 328 sport supped petrol like was goin out of fashion and fiesta was my first car so got punished.
clio 16v was ace and had comfiest seats in world but had to sell it to go to uni.

172 is best overall car definately. had hardly any problems with it (just radiator and rear bearings). drinks not a lot of petrol for the speeds it goes, looks fat, cheapish to insure, rare car, nice comforts with leather and aircon etc.

still, would love an S3 audi or a honda s2000 or e46 BMW coupe or something more flash, but the clio 172 is a brilliant all rounder.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd rate my Clio quite highly in the list of cars I've owned.....it's quick and cheap to run, simple as that.