ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Saturday 2013

Clio 172 Ph1
Cheers man that sounds good...you weren't planning on a early sneaky sneaky at the horse shoes were you lol

C3 Picasso Beast
:eek:

I'm an alcoholic really and the shaking at the last meet was my need for alcohol not the cold....

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
If I say The Horseshoes at Billingford I think that'll be easiest as it's on the actual road you'll be coming along.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Th...d,+opp+The+Horseshoes+(Unmarked)&z=15&iwloc=A

With that link you should be able to work out how long it takes depending on where you are in Lowestoft :)

Ok mate... so what time you want to meet here, if me, chris and buddha meet in lowestoft and drive to you there? I Take it we will meet more people on the way?

C3 Picasso Beast
Yeah we'll be driving to Bury to meet more people there and then probably Newmarket as well but might be wrong. Time at Billingford will depend on what time the Bury lot want to meet but that's not sorted yet till they get back from the ring. Possibly about 915-930ish if they say about 945-10ish at Bury??

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
meet you at 9;15ish........

​so we will look to leave just after 8........ give us more than enough time....... :)

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Ah BLT, joining the norwich convoy from yarmouth way? there will be one from norwich meeting various people along the way

Clio 172 Ph1
Can there maybe be a meeting point at Yarmouth? Would like to tag along in the Clio convoy

I guess is Lowestoft group could meet you, head towards norwich, then tag on with the norwich posses then meet Phil having a drink at the horseshoes ;)

C3 Picasso Beast
Don't think the majority of the Norwich lot are coming my way from what's been said before as they're going via the shitty A11. Not even sure if they're meeting the Bury lot from what was said at last meet??

172 Cup
Don't think the majority of the Norwich lot are coming my way from what's been said before as they're going via the s**tty A11. Not even sure if they're meeting the Bury lot from what was said at last meet??

I'll head your way as the A140 and A143 route to Bury is a much better drive than the A11! :) I'd also recommend it to anyone else who is heading from Norwich, plus it gives BMW 3 series drivers more of a challenge to overtake if there are more of us!

Are we meeting the Bury lot in the Tescos as per the last official meet?

I don't know who to join now :dapprove: I like a good old scenic route although I have a mate that's coming who lives in Norwich that I have to pick up so that might mean I have to travel alone anyway. Will have to figure this one out as I really want to be in either of the Clio/other cars convoy :D

I don't know who to join now :dapprove: I like a good old scenic route although I have a mate that's coming who lives in Norwich that I have to pick up so that might mean I have to travel alone anyway. Will have to figure this one out as I really want to be in either of the Clio/other cars convoy :D

Well if all groups meet at fourwentways services, like 2minutes from duxford then you can be in the convoy? :p

Well if all groups meet at fourwentways services, like 2minutes from duxford then you can be in the convoy? :p

Haha sweet!
​Can I lead the convoy as well? :rasp: You know, have the worst car at the front then all the others instantly look better

I think me and you will be battling for first place in that case ha!

Its on! I don't mind trading a bit of paint to be up front :rasp:

Which is the better route anyway? The one the Norwich lot seem to be doing or the 'to Long Stratton' and on route?

Clio 172 Ph1
No unfortunately I haven't in fairness there's a lot of things that needs replacing part of me reckons its the TDC sensor so might give it a clean later if not I guess the starter might as well be replaced

Its on! I don't mind trading a bit of paint to be up front :rasp:

Which is the better route anyway? The one the Norwich lot seem to be doing or the 'to Long Stratton' and on route?

No love lost there then, my body work has seen better days! As for the route i dont really know, i would be driving which ever is shortest ha.

If my starter motor isn't fixed soon someone in front can tow me lol

As said hit it! then hit it harder. Checked the battery terminals havent fallen apart? thats happend on both of my clios now and takes a few seconds to check :)

The starter motor is a PITA to get to/replace so i would be checking everything and anything else first.

Clio 172 Ph1
Ok could you tell me whereabouts the starter motor is please I will be honest I'm not to great at mechanics lol but I'm willing to dabble ;)

On the back of the engine, kinda behind the manifold it has a heat shield on it. Its towards the gear box side not the brake bottle side.

Im good at describing things ha

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Get your fogs sorted too, I'd like to take a different route, the A11 is the way I always go and I'd like some change darn it