ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 2006

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 09 September 2004

By summer 2006 200BHP & 160Ib/ft torque in something weighing between 1200-1300 kg will be nothing.

Not really there still are few cars that have that much power with so little weight

By then well have a near 200BHP Fiesta RS Turbo, 220BHP Astra Turbo, Already a Golf Gti 197BHP with masses of torque, Even a Corsa with a turbo pushing out arround 185BHP

Fiesta is canned, the astra isnt a rival neither is the golf and the corsa will have 175bhp

A next gen body should have a different approach and a power hike of arround 15BHP with only + 10Ib/ft torque is pathetic

Not really it will still be the most powerful in its class

Should be a 2.0 16v turbo with between 200-210 (so as not to undermine the Megane 225RS to joe public) but obviously well over 200Ib/ft torque

Maybe, bit to easy tho.

It would by easily & highly tuneable

Maybe Ill change my mind nearer the time but right now it doesnt interest me in the slightest

VaVa

Will the engine be based on the current F4R used in the 172/182 or is it a new unit?

Glad to hear its got six gears.... a really tight nit 6 spd box would be lovely in the 182 imho....works brilliantly in the CooperS....

It looks off to me, but Im sure it will grow on me....

Ok I had to sign up to comment on this.

Until recently I had a citroen C2 GT and I just couldnt live with the squashed upright styling that seems to be sweeping accross the new small hatches.

I changed to a 172 for the power and the looks, and as much as people say it takes time to get used to new designs of cars etc, the new clio is a poor show. I still cant stand the looks of the new megan and although it is different and in essence quite stylish, it just looks wrong.

The clio, kind of looses the sleekness that makes a hot hatch what should be. If you take the quality supercars and fast coupes like porsche, ferrari, nissan 350, tvr, RX8, etc none of them have felt the need to go high rise.

Its just wrong.

Still its going to be a cracking car,even if it has the rear of a baboon

Clio 1.4, SV650S

i like the new one in the actual photos. its no suprise really that the new clio will inherit the styling of the new megane and the vel satis. its all about brand identity! i have to say i hated the new megane when it came out but it has grown on me, esp the 225 with the shaped twin exhausts. i think they look really good for a standard car. hopefully the RS version will continue witht eh twin, shaped exhausts.

the artist impresison further up the thread looked w**k, but then those sketches rarely look like the finished product.

i hope it sells well, and devalues 182s cos by then i might just be able to afford to buy one ;)

Octavia VRS

I actually dont mind the new clio. It could have been a lot worse I reckon.

Lets be honest, the platform is the same as the new Micra, as Renault bought Nissan recently. The Micra is quite tall and looks crap! My mum likes it, enough said! Just hope the Clio isnt that tall when its out in the flesh.

Yes its arse looks like a small Megane but thats the way Renaults stylists are going just now. The five door looks worse than the three door mind. The silver clio above was in autocar a few months back, i tried to look for the photo to scan it on here but must have chucked the mag.

I would still be interested in buying it whenever these uni debts are paid and someone actually gives me a full time job!!

Just shows the fool at Renault Livingston that there is a new Clio coming out like my dad told him. The salesman said that was news to him, maybe these people should actually know about the cars they are selling!!