ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 - ABS problems

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
Hi Guys

After having my rear pads changed last weekend prior to my cars MOT my ABS light has come on, so now I'm without ABS, I'm not sure why, I guess its time to get my car serviced now. The worrying part is when I start the car, begin a journey and the ABS light is off, then when I brake even slightly the ABS is struggling to slam the anchors on and I have a worryingly long stopping distance, though without doing this each time I start my car the ABS light will not come back on and allow me to have my bog standard braking system back.

Any Ideas....??

Megane dci 130
Did they use genuine discs?

With pattern discs most of the time you have to remove the reluctor rings and press them onto the new discs. They may not be sat square or may be cracked.

Or it could be totally unrelated to having your discs changed and be something else.

Either way take it back to the garage and get tham to look at it seeing as its saftey related.

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
Thanks for the advice, it did occur to me that they may have done a botch job but didnt want to jump to conclusions