ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 2L 16V (2002) -Vs- Saxo VTS 1.6 16V

Black Mk2 172
What he said ^ Small and twisty track not alot in it at all , fast open track the clio , standard for standard of course

al

ST on the way...
Where would the race be?

A fast open track or a small tight twisty track?

surely it wouldn't matter? the clio would win on either of these!

I remember seeing a race between VBH and Tiff Needel, it featured a Saxo VTS and Ph-Quick.

The VTS was all over the back of the Clio in the corners but was soon left on the straights.

RS RIP
i just traded mine in for a Clio 172 one month ago ;) and i must say that it's nearly impossible to get the Saxo to break out when speedy curving while the Clio is a LOT trickier ! The rear end generally stays put, with the clio you'll be punished when releasing your right foot :eek:
But the better driver will definatly beat the Saxo because there is just alot more power , ilikealot

Vectra :(
This has been done to death on here.

Hit the search button, make a cup of tea sit back and have a good old read for the night.

Well i owned a 106 gti which is near on the same as a VTS, now got a 172 phase-quick. Took them out for a blast together, my lady in the 106 and me in the 172. She is a bloody good fast driver.

There was nothing between them over all really, as said on the straights the 172 pulls on the gti, but as soon as you see a bend the gti will real the 172 right back in.

I would say straight line speed the 172 is faster but on bends the gti is faster but the breaks on the 172 are so much better than the gti.

Overall in a b road race there is nothing between them really.

Both the vts and gti are so so underestimated. I find them so much more fun to drive and would even say my old gti was a better drivers car than the 172

Bumblebee
jezus christ, another one of "these" threads.

Buy a copy of EVO, it gives you performance figures at the back.

there is more to performance than engine size.

Handling and breaking are assets of performance not just engine size in fact engine size has very little to do with it.

1.4 R5 GT can see off many hot hatches with bigger engines

1.8 Clio 16v is more faster than a Fiesta 2l ST

etc

CB600FS
Which ones the 8v and which is the 16v out of the VTS/VTR can never remember.

What bhp are they aswell?

vtr is 8v and is 95 bhp or something

vts is 16v and 120bhp but there are some around that where suposed to be 130bhp out the box

jezus christ, another one of "these" threads.

Buy a copy of EVO, it gives you performance figures at the back.

I'm not 100% what the figures for these cars are, i would guess at 0-60 and bhp are;

172 = 7.0-7.2 172bhp
VTS = 7.2-7.6 120bhp

What do these figures actually mean in real life races though, as these figures are gained from straight line driving aint they. How do they transfer into real life performance?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Around the Haynes sprint track there was almost nothing between the 172/182's and Valvers/Williams (OK...the Williams were a little bit quicker ;) ). The really tight bit's were hard work in the 172/182's...all that extra weight makes a huge difference.

Around Brands, the Williams/Valvers can just stay in touch.

Around Bedford they'd really struggle.

I'd say against a VTS it would be the similar?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
theres a top gear vid knocking about on the net of tiff and vicki butler whatsherface going for it (not literally) .... its a mk1 172 tho:clown: and it pulls away on the straights everytime