ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sat Nav

Duh, sorry.

The Clio sat nav that would come as standard in the dash on say the dynamique model, is it possible to get these and fit them myself? or get someone to fit them?

You could fit it yourself but its a big job to do you need to replace quite few bits an pieces.Much chaper to get one of the type which has a clip on the dash

If you want to buy the bits from Renault well screen alone is over 800 and the disk is over 100 soyou can imagine the total price.

600quid 1 DIN Sat Nav Unit?

VDO Dayton MS5000 (Which is what Renault use) is about £1500 new fitted etc.. about the same as it is to have it fully integrated by Renault!

You can pick them up for about £1000 on ebay, but still.. its not fully integrated then! So, say £1000 getting the nav, £600 for screen.. it works out loads more.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye by 1DIN sat nav I mean the ones that dont have the flip out screen, just basic arrow and roundabout guidance + Voice.

Revels Mum & Sister

yeah as KDF said

Alpines latest Offering is Excellent. Brother In Laws ICE company have fitted a few.

Go for the Flip out screen one though!

Its ok.. I guess its what ya want?

I liked my full screen, 3D mapping thing.. but it was impractical mainly because the screen wasnt integrated!

£480, you could do a lot worse.. as long as it tells you where to go, it should be fine!

Looks nice too!

Check on ebay.co.uk - sometimes some good bargains on there!

Yeah I do like the 3d map that an Audi at work had in it, but thats just out of my price range and doesnt fit in. Renault do have one that works with the smaller orange lit display, its in the brochure for the clio.

Yeah the blaupunkt defo does look nice!!!!!!

Volvo S60 T5

I got a spare Blaupunkt RNS149, with the latest map disc. Its similar to the one you posted up.

Missing nav antenna so 250.00

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 03 April 2004

Go to halfords...Get a Big A to Z £5 tops.

Think sat nav is a real waste of cash and should b brought by girls and people who drive 50k miles a year
how do you justify that comment?

maybe its a waste of cash for you, and your needs, but thats another story.

Girls? why just girls? anyone who can afford it, and doesnt like running the risk of getting lost, is perfectly entitled to have it fitted, without some guy on cliosport calling it a waste of money. Its all down to personal preference, im sure people on here could say its a waste to spend money on some things you may spend money on...

as for 50k miles a year, not if those 50k miles are done travelling to places you know well, then itd be pointless. What about people who do less than 50k a year, but to places they dont have a clue how to get to...

think someone needs to broaden their mind a little....

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 03 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 03 April 2004

Go to halfords...Get a Big A to Z £5 tops.

Think sat nav is a real waste of cash and should b brought by girls and people who drive 50k miles a year
how do you justify that comment?

maybe its a waste of cash for you, and your needs, but thats another story.

Girls? why just girls? anyone who can afford it, and doesnt like running the risk of getting lost, is perfectly entitled to have it fitted, without some guy on cliosport calling it a waste of money. Its all down to personal preference, im sure people on here could say its a waste to spend money on some things you may spend money on...

as for 50k miles a year, not if those 50k miles are done travelling to places you know well, then itd be pointless. What about people who do less than 50k a year, but to places they dont have a clue how to get to...

think someone needs to broaden their mind a little....

I agree with Iain C to a certain extent here! Surely not all the people who buy sat nav are driving to places they dont have a clue how to get to often enough to justify spending over a grand on it. Surely a map would be just as useful?

Its their choice at the end of the day but if you REALLY need one then just get one for 500-600 pound.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

yeah, but then an ICE install is a waste of money by that definition... surely a box and a sub would be just as useful as a full install...?

Btw, it can be hard to read maps, especially when driving... I personally know, that as soon as i hit the city, even with a map, then im lost. No time to read a map as its the city, and signs dont help at all either.

At the end of the day, sat nav is useful to have, one day youll thank yourself for buying it, i can almost guarentee it, and i can guarentee that one day in youre life youll hate yourself for not having it :)

Anyway, everything is relative, to one person £1k may be pennies, to another person £1k may be everything...

I justify it by the fact that I am a Norwich City Fan who travels to a lot of away games by car and its a nightmare finding some grounds in the middle of big citys that are poorly signposted.

Ford Fiesta

someone with the carminat clio satnav (full colour screen) can you tell me if the external thermometer still works as it would using the standard orange display along with time?

Previous threads talk about a PDAs with sat nav.

I use a Garmin Ique 3600. £650 with 256MB ram.

Use it all the time for work. Nothing worse than getting to a location and a map says go down the Bxxxx. B roads do not have sign posts most of the time and only have road names.

Brilliant for finding exact location.

PS I needed to goto Italy for a training course. Took the PDA. What a relief navigating around Florence with the PDA.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 18 April 2004someone with the carminat clio satnav (full colour screen) can you tell me if the external thermometer still works as it would using the standard orange display along with time?

The temp sensor is totally idependant to the HU, as is the clock.

As for sat-nav I sold mine because I never used it enough.. now I miss it.. It was soo handy sometimes, I drove from Edinburgh to a Cabin in York without taking 1 wrong direction.. It was one of the most foggy nights I have ever seen, couldnt see more than 30 yards infront, the nav unit would announce roundabouts comming up which was so reassuring.

They are class peices of equipment if a little expensive to justify.

Just go for a PDA package, ive got a bluetooth one, GPS reciever sits on the dash and the PDA sits in a cradle on the windscreen, totally wireless. You can use the pda as a pda/mp3 player etc. Mine was an impulse buy from Dixons, cost me £500, but you can get them much cheaper off ebay, or imported from the states.

I ahve TomTom2 sat nav, soon to be upgraded to TomTom3, and its great, you can have a map view, or nav view, in 3d view or birds eye view, you van see where your going, and you get voice guidence too, you can view way points such as hotels, patrol stations hospitals etc. The amount of extra software you can get is fantastic too, stuff like speed camera overlays.

Ford Fiesta

yeah Im looking forward to testing it, I hear you can get a disc thats adds traffic master too?

I realise the temp and clock are seperate to the headunit but just wanted to make sure the display of clock and temp is on the sat nav screen like it is on the original clio display that that the sat nav removes.

Liam