ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSI?

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
I have been offered a clio rsi 1996 with only 37k on it (sounds too good to be true) I havnt checked to see if its been clocked yet but im just looking for some information on them in general, like performance,reliability and peoples general opinion on the car itself and what they are like to drive if anyone has one.Thanx

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Drive very well, quite a lot of poke for what they are, but they won't scream along like the valver.

Civic Vtec y0
Day to day friving RSi's are more fun to drive as they are quicker out of corners than valvers, however valvers have a slightly higher top speed

clio 16v
isnt the power slightly more useable in an RSI, i.e. you dont have to keep the revs above 3k to go anywhere??

340i
yeh ive got an RSi matey, they do have alot more low down power, than the valver does... you can plonk it in 5th gear an cruise around town at 30mph with no worries at all, then you jst put your foot down and it will start to pull a very torquey engine :D

there basically the exact same as a valver but 8 valves less lol

Nreg 1.2RL & Mreg 1.8 RSi
Love mine fella, cheap insurance and very reliable,

i've had no probs keeping up with valvers down country lanes,

the best thing is to the untrained eye it just looks like a normal car,

a wolf in sheeps clothing

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
jimmylovit said:
cheap insurance and very reliable, i've had no probs keeping up with valvers down country lanes
Agreed, but get creamed by a valver on the open road..
Top cars, wont ever be selling mine.

0-60 / 8.5 secs or so, 110bhp.

Laguna 1.8 RTSport
I too have an RSi, cracking little motor, yes, a valver's quicker, but it is also dearer to insure and looks a bit "wide boy" for my tastes.Don't think I'll ever get rid.