ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200, Selling like Hot Cakes??

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As above.

I was having a chat with a Renault salesman yesterday (Sewards Renault Portsmouth) and he said he can't get enough 200's in as they selling very, very well indeed :S

TBH I can't see it, Bar CS meets I very rarely see them, on the roads around my way..In fact I don't think I've seen one yet!

Ford told me the same thing about the new FRS, but I see them everywhere.

Opinions..

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of FRS's by me. I can think of 4/5 off the top of my head. As for the 200, see one which is the dealers demo/co' car and another every now and again and that's about it. Not really sure how good a reflection that is.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
He works for Renault. 92% of anything he says will not be based in fact.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Were you in discussions to buy something? If so, it's no coincidence he's telling you they're flying out.

I saw one on the road very soon after they came out, not seen once since.

There's at least 5 FRS' around here.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've never seen on in the flesh. Two people at work have FRS's though.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I see 4 200's in Dundee regularly, and I've seen 2 others must have been passing through as not seen again.

I've only seen 1 FRS though.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I've seen 2 or 3 actually on the roads around Essex.
There's loads of 200 owners on the Renaultsport forum though..

R26, R27
Have seen a few black,white,nimbus or silver,alien. there is a ren dealer near me though. not many rs's about, bloke at work has one and see it mon-fri the majority of the time.

320d
I've seen a fair few. I supose hot cakes is objective, doesn't give a figure. It could be compared to their targets or somthing.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I'm sure Renault Uk prefers dealers to cover a broader spectrum of the options available - I'm sure it's easier to do this if they have more than one car.

DB.

BMW 440i
Seen 2 x 200s, 10+ Focus RS's

My Uni place is right next to a Renault stealership aswell!

Fiesta STripes
I can believe that....

I see 5 200's each day (the same ones admittedly - I'm a delivery driver so go down the same roads etc every day) and sometimes see the odd other one.
BUT, I very rarely see any 197's anywhere - there is one white one on my route.

As for the Focus RS, well I can name where I see seven of them parked within a 10 mile square area - limited edition my backside!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
More FRS than 200 around here, people in Birmingham have taste iirc

DB.

BMW 440i
More FRS than 200 around here, people in Birmingham have taste iirc

Stunning green one in the Selfridges car park the other day, made me stop and take a peek!

Infact, the only 200s i did see, 1 was outside the Renault dealership, and the other was at FCS. Lol!

The salesman didn't use the term 'selling like hot cakes' that was me!

What dealership is this?

seward Portsmouth

http://www.sewardgroup.co.uk/Seward-Managers-Special-Offers.html

Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup Chassis 17” Alloys Folding Door Mirrors, 4X20w Mp3 Bluetooth, Carbon Interior Trim Pack, Mats White

Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup Chassis 17” Alloys Recaro Seats, Mats Albi Blue

the abi an rs250 is on their tv ad
http://www.sewardgroup.co.uk/index.html

;) this would make me question just how busy they are

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
seward Portsmouth

Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup Chassis 17” Alloys Folding Door Mirrors, 4X20w Mp3 Bluetooth, Carbon Interior Trim Pack, Mats White

They had no RS Clios in yesterday. IIRC the only RS model they had was the red Megane 250.

Inferno 182
Including mine i know of 6 in Rugby,when i had my 197 there was another 3 197's about.
As Brian said on the RS site there are always new owners coming on,i would imagine Renault are more than happy with early sales figures.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
seward Portsmouth

http://www.sewardgroup.co.uk/Seward-Managers-Special-Offers.html

the abi an rs250 is on their tv ad
http://www.sewardgroup.co.uk/index.html

;) this would make me question just how busy they are

:eek: maybe if they had them id have expected them to try an get you in one

Maybe they're very busy. I just don't see any about, and I do a lot of miles.

I'd like to have a go in one TBH

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Never seen a 200 about, saying that not seen many 197's either. There are a more ST's and FRS's about there than any other 'sporty' car.