ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Phase 1, Damp in boot.

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Hi guys.

Have noticed a little water under the carpet in the boot and under the rear seat of my 2000 clio. I have looked but am unsure exactly where this could be coming in.

Does anyone have any info where this could be getting in or if there are any common faults?

thanks in advance

Rich

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I had this recently myself and cured it with a new boot rubber. Got one off here from someone breaking for a tenner.

Other causes are apparently the rear lights or the little black bungs. If in doubt clear the boot and try the talc trick

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if its under rear seat mainly it can be rear quarter glass seals as well, mine does this and I know its coming in there, they fold in on themselves under the base of the windows

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I sometimes find its been damp in the left corner of the boot and under the rear seat. But it's not all the time. Even with the wet weather we had this summer it's stayed dry. No idea how it's getting in.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I also found it helped moving the join in the seal so it was by the catch guess the boots a bit tighter there. Might be worth try if you get new seal