ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ph 1 track car

clio 182 turbo
Well here is my new project a ph 1 172 track car .

Before I start this is my first clio and looking forward to it a little bit of my car history ,was big into the show seen with the rs brand done this for a few years then started doing track days when family come along and the rs had to go .

Then I started doing track days first car was a Evo 5 done one day and thought to myself to expensive if I crash or break so ,got a primera gt was such a good car ,then a 306 rallye and now the clio .

Its not going to be a mega expensive big Buld just a fast road come track car to do lots of days and enjoy .

A few of my past cars .

null-54.png

null-53.png

null-51.png

8K9U4294.jpg

null-17.png

And now the clio it's a really clean car with 120k on the clock ,first thing that I done was put it on the rollers and it done 162 I was happy with that for the miles and age .

Its got ebachs on there at the mo so I have purchased some new clio cup shocks to go on ,then will put new disc fast road pads and new bottom arms on to freshen it all up ,my bucket seats will going in tonight I will get some more pics up.

null_zps7287b7ee.jpg

null_zps759f25be.jpg

null_zps83396a81.jpg

clio 182 turbo
Done a bit more to it today stripped the back out of seats and carpet ,taken the front seats out which weighed a lot and fitted my bucket seats in ,they have been mounted on omp frames a little bit work was needed to get them in they are 40mm bigger then normal for the fat folks and they are a lot better for long journeys .

null_zpsf4f9066d.jpg

null_zps804b6c20.gif

null_zpsc8cfdb1a.gif

null_zpsb1f883be.gif

all done

changed the bulbs in the front lights just make them better and not like candles .

null_zps26833a63.jpg

null_zpsea53fb95.jpg

null_zps6b1b05f8.jpg

get my steering fitted when my boss turns up ,change front shocks to new cup items and bottom arms ,888s to be fitted new discs and pads and then hit the track .

​many thanks as always to gold blend who does the work and I just watch top man .

clio 182 turbo
first trackday booked in the clio donnington 13th oct .

still to fit
1.new steering wheel
2.front cup shocks and cup bottom arms

get the car tracked up more pics to follow the weekend.

clio 182 turbo
Sorry for the lack of pics ill get some up the weekend ,steering and boss is all done suspension is all done cup bottom arms all done just need to get it set up .

looking for exhaust
arb
Front rear strut braces , if anyone knows any for sale .

clio 182 turbo
Finally got the correct shocks so all new suspension ,brakes ,seats are in harnesses are in steering wheel is on .

Next on the list is to get the car set up ,exhaust, some new wheels pro race 1.2 ,arb so if any one is selling let me know ,and exhaust hanger mod .

Not gone for a total strip just yet I will leave the front door cards and carpet in for a bit of comfort for when I drive over to spa and the ring ,went with a complete strip on the last one and it was not nice on a long drive plus it's not going to save that much weight and on a track day it will be good enough .

null_zps0ec92b75.jpg

null_zpsb68a275a.jpg

null_zps75a43062.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Primera GT - Thumbs up mate I had one as a runaround for a few months and I was so impressed by how it handled for a saloon. Overlooked bargain track car.

clio 182 turbo
Not updated this for a while ,got the car nearly finished now ,finally got new whiteline fitted ,camber bolts and new induction kit ,I'm not stripping the front out just yet driving to do trackday at spa and the ring end of May .
Done a few trackdays in it and it drives well handles well and can put some newer faster cars to shame ,next up rs tuner next week .

C7FE0C45-3A07-4088-9885-630B3337B5C2.jpg

9F66015C-5808-481E-BB4B-1EF6B3EA57EE.jpg

910E88E2-51CF-4321-BE43-CE43C0A6AA99.jpg

4D0CEA5A-B6F2-4638-A89A-7C905F7696F0.jpg

77BAA2E9-E7D5-452C-9367-E19345E768A0.jpg

my mate come round so went for a blast in this trying to get it him to track .
AC44FA08-0B72-4194-B17F-BF6E1AD264CE.jpg