ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio or r32

ive been having this discussion with my coleague and need feedback on weather the r32 golf is a better overall car than the clio v6

I think the clio is faster and more fun but the golf is a much sexier and practical car,

What do u guys think?

320d M Sport

when all is said and done its a decision u make with ur heart or ur head!

For me, gut instict is Mk2 V6, but..... the Golf is prob a "better" car for one reason or another.

Id still go V6 tho....

Golf is obviously gonna be a better al rounder, but the Vee looks better and should go better too... plus its not a Nazi tractor which has its advantages lol

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

If I had the money....

not sure to be honest.

if it was the choice between just those too..... prolly the mk2 v6.

If it included other cars.... a 350z

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i think without onsidering any other car id prob get the v6. so much more road presence.

however im not sure about how much depreciation each would have.

Yaris Hybrid

Here we go again! Buy neither, get a VX220 Turbo!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway the R32 was only half a second quicker around the top gear test track than the poxy little 182 despite costing twice as much!

Meg on pistonheads £6995

The Clio V6 is in a different league

Golf - great but starchy (your Bank Manager might suggest this one)

V6 - mad but far more adrenaline! (your mistress would say this one)

Ive driven dozens and dozens of cars - the 200 yards in a V6 Mk 2 eclipses all the skid pans, track sessions, donuts and autotests in Scoobys, s2000 etc etc etc

buy a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Clio

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 06 September 2004
plus its not a Nazi tractor which has its advantages lol

LOL

Id much prefer the V6 its a serious piece of kit, the golf is a big fat piece of german iron which i think doesnt look that much different to a normal golf

There was similar thread to this a while ago - get the R32 if you want a motorway cruiser and get the 182 if you are going to be doing more fun drive. Simple.

guys,

this is my work colleague fukin about, ignore him totally, he posted under my account. he drives a golf R32 and is trying to convinve himself thats its better....the clio V6 rules, and the R32 looks just like a normal golf tank!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Is he aware that R32 leather seats are also highly suspect of actually been Vinyl?

Fact.

My mate has one, and he went off it with the local Nazi dealer.

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 06 September 2004

Is he aware that R32 leather seats are also highly suspect of actually been Vinyl?

Fact.
Ah yes the special grune punkt recyclable leather seats. Good for the environment but lousy for your Aunties...

Aunties = Aunty Betty = Betty Swollox =

Looking for a ph-quick...

V6 any day pal, R32s are getting very popular clios are quicker and more beastie lookin

Yaris Hybrid

This is a silly discussion! I dont even rate the V6 that highly but if its a choice between that or an R32 its a no contest in favour of the V6.

VWs are for mummys boys that wear woolly jumpers and live at home until they are 40.

Also it says a lot that as a Renault owner I can talk about shoddy VW build quality! Golf owners are still living off the back of the original Mk1 from over 20 years ago. Its a bit like England fans still living off the back of 66!!! Wake up - your sh1te!!!!

good comments! go on the golf forum and tell em toypop!

it is a silly discussion your right, and my colleague is a tw*t for posting it! he is obviously insecure about his german sh1tbox!

i think reno are on par with most manufacturers now with build quality, his golf has been in veedub about 15 times now for warranty work.

clio all the way.
did some slightly naughty road racing involving 4 vx220s 2 vx 220 turbos an slise golf r32 tvr mx5 and cooper s. i lost the golf on every corner it couldnt gain on the straights and he was trying very hard. so hard infact that he got brake fade and went straight on on 1 corner resulting in much embarassment! clio v6 looks better goes better and is different. if your looking at these cars forget practicality go for fun fun fun!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 06 September 2004

Anyway the R32 was only half a second quicker around the top gear test track than the poxy little 182 despite costing twice as much!
can I just ask why you are buying a "poxy little 182" if that is what you think of it???!!! :confused:

Renault Laguna Coupe

Must admit when I was looking at cars recently the Golf didnt even make the long-list, never mind the short-list. Short list was VX220 turbo, Scooby, 350Z, Clio V6.

The Golf has a Haldex 4WD engine and has a big heavy engine over the front. The Clio is mid engined, RWD, better weight distrubution and looks stunning. Id never buy the V6 with my own money but id prefer it much more than the Golf, epecially with the MK5 being out.

-Rob

320d

Prob depends on your personal situation, do you need four seats etc

IMO i prefer the V6 for the looks and rareness, presence

I see a V6 as a now car, youre not going 2 keep one forever and run it into the ground

Buy the V6 enjoy it and get something like the R32 in a couple of years when you need to think of others/family etc

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 06 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 06 September 2004

can I just ask why you are buying a "poxy little 182" if that is what you think of it???!!! :confused:
Well on paper a £13k 2.0 Clio is "little" and "poxy" compared to a £23k 3.2 V6 Golf! I was pointing out that in the real world there is little difference and used those words to disrespect the Golf not the Clio!