ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio or Impreza, Can't decide,

renaultsport clio197
Can you make my mind up for me? i've got two car club "Mid Wales" runs coming up, the first being 8 days away, my dilema is do i take my 197 (it'll be the first run it's been on as i've only had it two weeks) or my Impreza (thats been in hybernation since October), my issue is these runs in my experiance have two groups, the fast boys up front and the also rans that usually get lost along the way, as i'm normally up front in the scoob thats where i'd like to be and i was wondering if the clio will have the legs to keep up without being to brutal with it. So Clio
uk.gif
or Impreza?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think you'll have more fun in the clio tbh, what it lacks on the straights it will certainly make up for in the corners

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Get the scoob back on the road, take it on a nice loop of Bridgend > Price Town > Cymer > and back home .. then decide !

On a Clio forum, most people are going to say Clio.

I say flat 4 FTW !

renaultsport clio197
Here's the list so far for the run on May 15th,
1. (Blobeye STi)

2. (Classic STi?)

3. (Classic STi Type RA)

4. (Classic V5 STi hopefully).

5. (E46 M3)

6. (Clio 172 ph2)

7. (Mk4 Golf GTi)

8. (EP3 Civic Type R)

9. (Clio 172 Cup ph2)

10.(FN2 Civic Type R)

11.(DC2 Integra Type R)

12.(FC RX7)

13. (Classic WRX)

14. (bugeye WRX)

15. (classic wrx)

16. Black-Hawk (Clio sport 197/Impreza)

17. (Evo 4 RS)

18. (hawkeye STI)

19. (Toyota Glanza Turbo)

20. (Focus ST)

21. (E46 M3)

22. (Classic WRX)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ill be honest, any runs ive ever been on im usually at the back any way, driving fast on roads i dont know for me is a recipe for disaster :eek:

renaultsport clio197
And here's the list so far for June 5th,
1)C2VTS
2)RX-8
3)VX220Turbo
4)350Z Nismo
5)E36 M3 Evo
6)E36 328iS
7)205GTi6
8.E38 740i
9) Caterham Superlight
10) VX220Turbo
11) 3MPS
12) MX5
13)Evo8 (500hp)
14)Evo8 (700hp)
15)WRX

renaultsport clio197
yeah but only the clio or scoob will go on the run and it'll be a nice combo of roads, BTW, the clio is std and the scoob is running over 400/400 with brake and suspension revisions, at the moment i'm leaning towards the clio for the run in 8 days and the impreza for the june run.

renaultsport clio197
Get the scoob back on the road, take it on a nice loop of Bridgend > Price Town > Cymer > and back home .. then decide !

On a Clio forum, most people are going to say Clio.

I say flat 4 FTW !
Are you local to the area then? i'll post the same question on a subaru forum and here their opinions :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why do people think Impreza's don't go round corners !? I much prefer the handling of my Wagon to the Clio.. feels much safer when .. er .. pressing on. Longer wheelbase and much more grunt when needed !

I was at Uni in Swansea and ex gf was at Glamorgan Uni .. know the area really well :)

clio 172
hello black hawk im one of the 172's coming up from the london area the cup isnt coming to couple of issues should be a a good laugh done it for the last two years flick a coin on the day!

Clio 197
take the scoob :)

all the impreza hate is coming from those who have never owned one no doubt

having said that i still love the cup

Last edited:
  renaultsport clio197
take the scoob :)

all the impreza hate is coming from those who have never owned one no doubt

Your rite, the impreza is an awesome car and along with the lancer evolution one of the best point to point cars out there, and i guarantee most of the haters out there have never sat in the aforementioned cars yet alone owned or driven one, i admire their loyalty the clio but i've never understood the "my cars the greatest" mentality and the truth is most people would use a renault sport clio as a stepping stone to an evo/impreza and not the other way round.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If you haven't already thrashed the clio about then give it a good run out and see what you think, sounds like the scoob is well sorted. I love the handling on bro's evo but it feels boring. In the clio you have to work for the results and you'll probably have more fun, maybe not as fast as the others but for me, drives out are all about the experience, not going as quick as possible

keo

Clio Trophy
never drove a 197 but i have drove a wrx blobe eye on track, the scoob just gripped and gripped only had a few laps so i cant realy say to much about it. But i cant see much keeping up with a well sorted scoob through the lanes, the clio is a fun car and you have to work much harder to go faster init. Scoob has loads of torque and grip. They are both fun and good cars. It isnt a bad decsison to be making :)

Elise 111R
If you've not taken the Clio out for a good run this be a good opportunity.

Reading other posts I got to thinking how fast will u be going to loose pace with the others if your going on a country side blast.

Call me old (or annoyed after nearly getting run over today cycling) but if u can't keep up with a 200 I reckon the police would be interested in this group run.....

172 Cup
If you've not taken the Clio out for a good run this be a good opportunity.

Reading other posts I got to thinking how fast will u be going to loose pace with the others if your going on a country side blast.

Call me old (or annoyed after nearly getting run over today cycling) but if u can't keep up with a 200 I reckon the police would be interested in this group run.....

Have to agree with this to be honest, and I do like Impreza's so I'm no being bias but if you haven't had a good run in the 197 that should really be the car you take, to really see what you think of it, also most of the fun of driving is near the limit, you will be able to drive nearer the limit in the clio with out going to far above the law!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had to pull out of going in the run :( few issues with the cup at the moment, due into JMS for the boys to have a look in next few weeks, bit gutted I'm having to miss the run :(

renaultsport clio197
Well, decided i'll defo be taking the clio, looking forward to driving some of the best roads in britain in a great car tomorrow.