ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio number 10, RB 182 Cup

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seems to be a quick one

54C62523-E6F9-47A4-BD74-EE36D0DC929D_zps22fpt5mk.png

Actually got it off the clock too.

In other, totally unrelated news my speedo seems to be broken and is horrifically over reading!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well drove it home last night, dumped it and went out in the Saab instead so didn't look at it until after work today. The issue was fairly obvious!

1300D4F1-630D-4521-B3E2-8108B25CE846_zpsbffkehlu.jpg

So new pads both sides and fitted better than before

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got a chance to do another couple of wee bits, fitted my race evol dogbone, new manifold to cat gasket and mid exhaust hanger.
Also tried to sort the gearstick position but it's already as far on to the rod as it can be so looks like bending it is the only way. There's quite a lot of play in the system too so I need to work out which end its coming from and sort that out.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sooooooooooooooooo. Yeah, er, this is going up for sale soon. Got offered a car I cant say no to. Standard wheels are being looked for, rear seats put back in and it'll be ready to go.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bingo. Saving it from its fate. Its changed somewhat but then so are my circumstances, will be buying a house with a garage so it can be my winter project to try and get it fixed up

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really not what I thought I'd do tbh but hey ho. I'll have to buy some shitter as my daily whilst its off the road. If I had the cash I'd keep this as well, really like it and you'd never think it had the miles on it that it does.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not sure I could ever go back to an old car. Was tempted by the monaco I had but decided against it

Is this the time to make it a keeper if you've sold it twice and bought it again?
Think i'd find it very difficult to buy an old car back, when someone else has had it...... unless its just the same!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I'll no doubt eventually crush it but not for a while yet.
I'd been toying with the idea of buying a very cheap shed plus a track shed/project anyway as we kinda miss having a spare car! I made my mind up on sat morning and sat evening I got contacted about the flamer so it seemed the right thing to do.

It's defo changed a fair bit in the last 4 months but I also know it still has some good things going for it along with the bad.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So another slight change of plan.

Spent a few weeks looking around for a new daily to go with the flamer and in the meantime ended up using this as the family car for a week whilst the Saab was broken. Turns out it's pretty good at it. Another couple of weeks has passed with using it more and more and I came to the conclusion I'd be replacing this with a cheaper 1*2 so what was the point.

However it does mean I need to make it a little more family friendly, so the standard steering wheel is back in as my wife hates not having an airbag with a passion so that was to make my life easier. I also plan to get a centre box added to the exhaust. It's ok for a while but it gets pretty loud after 50 minutes or so and my daughter has put her fingers in her ears so that needs changed.
She bloody loves it though! It's "Daddy's race car", she asks me to go fast and when I do boot it through 2nd she laughs like a drain. She's doomed to a life of s**t cars I fear!

The only other thing of note is it's passed another milestone, think I'll be increasing the mileage on my policy soon, was meant to be 6k a year and I've done 3.5k since the start of March!

9010FD37-CA10-4236-A4AB-B91A1EA0814C_zpsdgtev2qt.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know what though atleast she loves car. Sometimes I feel a bit too old driver a bright blue Clio with a loud exhaust lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Gave this a proper clean today for the first time, washed it last weekend and de-ironed and de-tarred it then, bought clay yesterday and did that then broke out the DA and the auto finesse kit. Just used stages 2 and 3 as I don't have a decent enough light to see if I'm fixing things or making them worse! Finished off with 2 coats of Petes 53 wax which is nearly finished so will need to see if I can find something I like as much.
Wheels and arches will be done properly before next weekend so it's all ready for the Scottish Car Show. Just had to buy some French flag vinyls for the grille. I don't actually want them but someone has done it in the past straight after painting the grille and it's removed all the paint so this is a temp measure until I get a new grille.

640A4F16-7135-4EDA-AE2C-16088A72314B_zpsshk2f4pe.jpg

6F7C77CF-58F8-452E-807D-BA7104E8F246_zpszvwrdjdj.jpg

43E0AB75-A270-4682-88AA-CF726B611530_zpsofhcycso.jpg

D6995F05-17D3-47FF-8031-EC01663D8902_zpsnzw7hp8s.jpg

DAED1549-ED1E-4BBD-8132-4F9B126636B6_zpswj6jmj14.jpg

BB76192F-8DEC-405F-9DE5-4AC95DAEE1DA_zpsy1t5ula1.jpg

And now that it's looking better than since I've bought it it's dropped an injector!! Bloody French. Still at least I have a minimum of 4 spare to see me through until I bite the bullet and buy 4 new ones.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers, I clean a car properly once every year or 2! I tolerate it more than I enjoy it but in this case it seems to have been worthwhile at least