ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3 gear knob removal guide

Hi guys and gals, I thought I'd chuck a guide up as I couldn't find one myself

So I wanted to get a blue gear knob in my car as it's been colour coded inside, just to set it off nicely.

So first things first, take off the silver insert and get a pair of these bad boys
IMG_5487.JPG

Or anything that'll grip onto the knob and twist until it spins freely, now pull the leather down until it comes off the the bottom of the gear knob
image.jpg

Now all you have to do is pull up, not very hard at all and it'll come off. I brought a universal blue knob off of eBay and it came with adapters, the biggest one worked for me and continue to screw down until it won't go any further and do the same with the new knob on the adapter. When you're finished it'll look something like this
IMG_5483.JPG

Obviously the leather hangs down a little bit, I've used a very thin cable tie to tie it and I can't see it in the drivers seat so I'm fine with that

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Why do you need to use pliers on it?

The original just pulls off eventually? Yes takes a bit to get off but they do come off and you don't destroy it.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Looking by his avatar it's not a Clio sport and a 5 speed with no lift reverse.

Why do you need to use pliers on it?

The original just pulls off eventually? Yes takes a bit to get off but they do come off and you don't destroy it.

Personally I couldn't get enough grip to do it, hence the pliers, if I need put the original back on I'll just buy one off of eBay

Clio mk3 1.4
Hey, does that gear knob move at all when on? Wondering as the clio gear stick doesn't have any threads on it. Im looking to get the same one.
You said it used the largest size adaptor (is that a m12?).