ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Ph3 Aerial puzzle......

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Our 2004 1.4 16v Dynamique has had an issue with the Aerial since we bought the car 18 months ago. The base doesn't seem to fit well to the body and it looks like it can't possibly be sealing properly. Despite this, there is no evidence of water getting in. However, I've finally got round to looking at it.

I went to Renault to buy a new seal and they told me that I must buy the whole Aerial base. Fair enough, I did. However, what they supplied me with doesn't look like whats already on there. The one on the car currently is larger. Looking at every other Clio around, they all have this small Aerial base. I haven't seen another like ours.

So, I figured that we would be changing to the 'correct' Aerial base without explanation as to how ours came to have the wrong base on it.

So, I stripped the back of the car out to fit the new base, then the plot thickened. The new Aerial has 2 wires, the one fitted to the car has 4!! Not only that, it looks like it's been fitted wrong, hence the problem. The 4 wires do not pass through the nut that secures it, as it appears they should. So, now I'm intrigued. We bought the car from the person that owned it from new, so I'm sure that it was like this from the factory. Was this a 'Friday afternoon special'??!! LOL.

Renault cannot find any other Aerial base on their computer. Does anyone know what the deal is with the base that ours has and why it has 4 wires? There is a white plug which connects in the roof, close to the Aerial itself and 3 further wires go down into the right-hand side Inner quarter, where 2 of them are connected and the remaining one (which I guess is for a Mobile phone kit) is not connected, although it appears that there is a wire there to connect it to.

HELP!! :approve: