ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK2 DCis...

Clio 182
I need a cheap run around for next year, I'm likely going to be doing 300-400miles a week and want something cheap to put the miles on rather than the 182.
What are the real-world figures and drivability of the Dci?
Any things to look out for with them?

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Mines not even running 100% at still returns 55mpg with mostly town driving. I did a month of mostly 50mph B roads and got 640 miles to a tank. Really economical cheap cars.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a 2004 dci 65 at the end of October and have already done 2k miles. I bought it to keep the miles off my 182. Currently averraging 62ish mpg. Can get 70 if driving very careful and not frequently going into low gears.

They do have issues, injectors being the main one. However, from what i have read up already, as long as the oil is changed regulary it will massively help it run as it should for a long time.

Tax is £30 a year compared to the 182's £285.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
buy one that runs sweet and give it a yearly service (they are cheap to service!) and it will run forever. Ive just sold my old DCi80 had 160k on it, used it daily for 3 years and probably 40k+ miles and it cost me an alternator. was an epic car, mine was mapped running around 110bhp and 175lbft and it was so effortless!

mine done easily mid 60's just taking it easy, as said above if you watch your gears and braking etc it will do 70's but you need to try a bit hard to keep that up! - however its party piece was doing 50mpg flat out everywhere lol

only reason I sold it is I bought a brand new one to replace it!

Clio 182
Looks like I'll be keeping an eye on the classifieds then!
Realistically around where I live you can flow with the traffic in a 182 driving carefully and maintain 37-39mpg, it's hard work though and frustrating if you're ever in a hurry!