ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 alarms

182 & 600 CBR RR7
My car beeps 3 times sometimes when I lock/unlock it, will probably only beep 1 out of 5 times of locking/unlocking. Is that the issue you said that the ECU thinks the ignition is still on? If that is the case, after the 3 beeps is the Alarm just turned on as normal?

Also near the gear lever I don't have a cobra light, but its a clifford one, still with only the key though-not an extra fob??

My car beeps 3 times sometimes when I lock/unlock it, will probably only beep 1 out of 5 times of locking/unlocking. Is that the issue you said that the ECU thinks the ignition is still on? If that is the case, after the 3 beeps is the Alarm just turned on as normal?

Also near the gear lever I don't have a cobra light, but its a clifford one, still with only the key though-not an extra fob??
Yep that sounds like the issue

Alarm is juts on as normal though

how do you know you have a clifford not copbra light after all its just a light?

182 & 600 CBR RR7
It says clifford on the light lol, blue light. Stickers on window and certificate from Renault from new...

Beeped 3 times this morning when unlocking, might have to take a trip down to Renault.

Clio 172 ph1.
bumping a really old thread, but what if the led in blinking like this... blink blink...........blink blink.....etc..?

clio sport 172 ph2
Good thread !

I am thinking about changing my alarm, the only problem i have, is in the summer, gets really hot and the alarm goes off, light on dash says a door is opened :/

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry maybe a stupid question,but how do i test my alarm to see if its all ok?.i would like to know what it sounds like to as then i can hear if its my alarm going off.Its a 172 Cup and am'i right that the cup does not have the central locking button?.as mine has the button but not connected to anything.