ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.2 8v gearbox niggles

Clio 1.2 8v
Over the last few months I've had this car on a few occasions it really didn't want to go into first gear.

Is this a common problem with the box or would a change of oil sort it out?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Clio grande 2001
Over the last few months I've had this car on a few occasions it really didn't want to go into first gear.

Is this a common problem with the box or would a change of oil sort it out?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

As far as I know, with older clios a wobbly or stiff gearstick is normal, just how the car is. Could look into getting the rubber at the base of the stick changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a 1.2 16v. A few years ago, a garage replaces a driveshaft for me and replaced the gearbox oil. Since then, it become not so easy to get into first gear in cold weather. The warmer the weather, or the warmer the gearbox oil, the less of a problem it becomes.

I’m suspecting that if I were to replace the gearbox oil with the right stuff - Elf Tranself NFJ 75W-80 - then it’d all be working as it should.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
How many miles has it done, might be due a clutch. Change gear oil for elf, will defo need doing if not done before.