ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio MK1 RSi info plz guys...

1.8 RSi MK1 Superchipped

wanted a MK1 clio as a run about and found a M reg Clio RSi.. but Im not up on my clios so can any shed some light as to good or bad and what to llok out for when I take it out for a test drive?

its priced up at £799 and looking on auto trader most RSi are going for well over a grand....

anyone?

silver valver/hybrid

does sound pretty cheap. most things to look for are the obvious really, rusty rear arches, any bodged repair work, all electrics are working, they are prone to failure.

I used to have an RSi - very fun cars, cheap insurance etc, id say more fun then my 172. I had a lot of problems with it, including:

Rust on wheel arches, Wheel bearings, suspension, electrical problems ie, immobiliser stopped working, alarm sensor had water on it due to a leaking sunroof, sunroof that never opened. The biggest problem i had was with over heating, there was a problem with the fan, and water leaks. Ah and the trim tends to fall off.

Just make sure when u take it out for a test drive, u leave the car running long enough to see if it over heats. My car would sit at a temp of about 3/4 up. Should sit about half.

Although i had all those problems, its still a great car. As long as you dont mind fixing it when it breaks....get one. I ended up selling my L reg with about 80k miles on it, for just £400

1.8 RSi MK1 Superchipped

well in september Im going back to college to do a motoring course so if it does fail I could just sit there and fix it :D

I got an RSi at the moment, they are the warm hatch mk1 clio. They look exactly like an RT, except for a small spoiler and some side-skirts. Watch out for all the problems mentioned above - For 700 i doubt the car is gonna be a minter, but still look out as major engine work (clutch, etc) can be expensive.

Funnily enough, ALL the problems mentioned by LoopyLou, i have encountered during owning my Rsi.

don't

what mileage is it on??

i got an rsi

paid 1500 for it N reg, 84k when i got it

totally mint, nice alloys, standard apart from that, just had lots of work done on it to get 12 months mot,

cambelt snapped though so now its being fixed for £500 in total :-(

still can always happen, gd cars, 8.6 0-60 time, some will argue its slower

should see off vtrs, not as quick as a vts though

no probs with mine apart from the cambelt

Sold mine last year after having it 4 years. Problems I had were... Sunroof leaks & fills up c/l sensor (so c/l wont work until it dries out), electric window motor died (got a replacement from the scrappy). Lots of rattles as with all clios but all were fixed by various means. Great car though