ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk1 5 Door 1.2 RT - Something different?

Rally Cinquecento
Right, got the car about a year ago now, when i started driving, and at that time it was a 1.9 Diesel. This is how it looked:

Llun006.jpg

Some bigger wheels:

Llun027.jpg

This lasted for a good couple of months and lasted for a month after passing my test, till the head blew. o in steat of shelling out on a new head i desided to buy a new car, a 3 door 1.2 green. Well it lasted a day untill this happend:

Llun007_2.jpg

Llun008_1.jpg

Little mis-hap on the way from work. So now i was stuck with 2 cars. So the cheapest thing to do, put the engine, and running gear from the green car, into the silver 5 door. So set about stripping everything from the green car, whitch wasnt that hard (and forgot to take pics :eek:). Then set about stripping the silver 5 door. Whitch did mean i had to compleatly re-wire it, change the tanks, and lose the electric power steering as i couldnt figure out how to wire it! But changeing the racks to manual wasnt hard.

Some pics:

Llun001.jpg

Llun027_1.jpg

Llun028_1.jpg

Llun029_1.jpg

Llun030.jpg

After all this the petrol engine was ready to go in, whitch, with some luck was a desent one, only done 62K and sounding sweet. Put everything in and she fired up first time! Well proud!

By this time i had taken the 15"s off as thet were rubbing a little on the inside, and put the 13" off the green 3 door on it. And this is how it lookied but the time id finnished, ready for the MOT:

Llun037.jpg

So this is how it looked after getting it back on the road, and I'm very impressed with the 1.2 lump! plenty of kick in it!!

Rally Cinquecento
Right after that nothing mutch happend for a while, but now ive started on the mods!

How it looked with alloys on the back, and some rally style mud flaps (the style round here :rasp:):

Llun018_2.jpg

List of other mods ive got (ill put pics of some of them soon):

Llun018.jpg

16v Steering wheel (theres also a clocks, but not in that pic)

16v Clocks as i said
16v spoiler (still not on!!!)
16v Calipers and disks (not on)

Llun058.jpg

16v Ph2 Alloys ((cheers 172bagss2) only on the front, rear 2 need replaceing)

Llun050.jpg

16V_ph2_Wheels_1.jpg

Changed the boot strip to one without badges
Lowering springs (still to arrive :mad:)

Ive re-furbed the wheels i had on before and think of either puting them bach on with lower profile tyres or selling them on, what do you think of em now? think of puting some sort of silver lip to them, opinions?:

Llun057.jpg

Started to re-spreay the black bumpsrtips black again as they had faded big style, had a go at the front today, again opinions?

Llun052.jpg

Well thats it basicly!!!

Ill keep this updated as i get more done, but it is slow progres! I am still only 18 and student life is more work than i like!!!!

Rally Cinquecento
Excellent. Energy engine went in to the 5 door?

What happened to the Green car? what did you hit?

I see the 5 door is now a pussy magnet already!

Yeah, the Energy engines in the 5 Door

The green cars gone to the scrap, A pilars were bent out of shape, couldnt open the door! I put it on its roof! bit of shiny tar caught me out on a soaking summer down pour, hit the hedge and over! and stoped on its roof,sort of a half roll!

Rally Cinquecento
Todays progress report, the 16v/Williams Brakes fitted

Before:

Llun060.jpg

After:

Llun063.jpg

Some decent brakes at last!!!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Looks good so far mate, what did u use to spray ur calipers??? and what process did u use cause im hopin to do mine but not sure what to use or how to do it. cheers

oh an how did u go about spraying ur black strips on bumper an side?? did u take em all off or do em on the car and what did u use to spray em?? cheers

Last edited:
  Rally Cinquecento
The best way is to get a drill with a wire brush kinda thing on it to clean them up nicely. The easyest and best way to paint them is but brush (not like i did with an spray can!) because you can get into the little corners and stuff. The type of paint was some high temprature paint, but its not the best, best ask the guy at the paint shop

Rally Cinquecento
With the black bump strips i just masked them on the car, i think it transforms the look of it, make it look more clean cut and new. Just to clean it all up to do the rest of the black bits!

Rally Cinquecento
Some ideas that have been floating about my head for the wheels, Done a ffew crude photoshops to have a look:

16V_ph2_WheelsBW.jpg

16V_ph2_WheelsBWBadge.jpg

Opinions? I think the renault badge would certainly look different!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
In my opinon mate neither of them, id just leave the whole wheel one colour but if i was forced at gunpoint to choose one id say the second wit the renault badge in the middle, least its original.

Rally Cinquecento
hmm thinking of just leaving them as they are as well now lol
just tydie them up a little, and have the center cap a darker colour like they are now. But do need to be tydied up,.

Rally Cinquecento
Right, decided to give the car a good clean today, and try and fine where water was comeing in through the boot somewhere. Thats when i found this:

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

Around these areas were compleatly soaked :dapprove:
so asked my mates dad to do some welding there, to get there sorted. And cleaning it bought up a lot of scratches and a bit more rust than i thought. More work to me done!

Black 182
You are doing really well fella , considering you are a student id say not bad at all , just takes time (oh and a bit of money always helps) ;)

Rally Cinquecento
You are doing really well fella , considering you are a student id say not bad at all , just takes time (oh and a bit of money always helps) ;)

Thanks, im on half term now so ill try get as mutch done as possible! Well i think im sorted on the money front now, spent all i want to spend on. Now its all things i dont wana spend on but have to!

Rally Cinquecento
L555RSW.jpg

A little more photoshopping - How it should look lowerd, with the valver alloys at the back not steels :eek: and my 18th bday present - the personal Plates :D :D :D

Rally Cinquecento
Good news!
At last i have my lowering springs! Ill get em on this weekend hopefully, should look a lot better!

Rally Cinquecento
Finaly got my lowering springs and got them on the car today!
(student life isnt all work!)

DSC00104.jpg

I didnt notice till then there was sutch a diference between the diesel springs and the lowering ones!

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

Think it looks a lot better now, once i get the rear down on wednesday itll be looking great i think. Only the spoiler and thats it for now then!

some engine mods are tempting tho...

Rally Cinquecento
DSC00117.jpg

The rear finaly done the other day!

Looking good now i think, only the spoiler to go on now, and thats everything ive bought on!...for now :evil:

Clio Mk1, Civic EK3
Hi just wondering how did you fit 16v clock with rev connect to 1.2 8v and does rev works? Many thanks cheers