ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Lower Gearbox Mount.....

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Further to my topic the other day about excessive movement through the transmission of our 2004 1.4 16v Dynamique, some suggested upgrading the lower mount to a 172 item. Here is a pic of what is one the car currently, can you confirm that it is the 172 mount that I will need??

ClioMount.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
whats that bar on the nut holding the mount on at the gearbox? going forward out the pic? mine didnt have that!

but yep a 172 mount fits straight on instead of that one, straight swap!

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Having spoken to my local Renault dealer, they have shown me 2 mounts. One which they say is a 172 mount and the other is what they say my car should have.

Neither look like what I do have!!

The one that I apparently should have looks like it is made from Alloy and is twisted and looks more substantial than what I have.

The Renault Sport one is similar and to be honest, doesn't look that much different in terms of what it would achieve than the other Alloy one. The problem with the one they showed me is that the bolt hole to the chassis is a keyhole shape on the Renault Sport one, so would need other parts I imagine.

Anyone got any more info??;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you need that 'alloy' one that's twisted.

they were fitted to the facelift versions of your car iirc

the renaultsport item won't fit your gearbox with your existing mounts iirc

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the mount your car has is what my car had as standard (1.2 16v)
the 172/182 mount is a twisted one.

you simply remove your mount and bolt the twisted 172/182 one in place, its a straight swap.

i recomend the k-tec uprated bushes though make a massive difference.

James, k-tec dont sell an "uprated mount" you only get the uprated bushes, you still need a twisted 172/182 mount for your car (not a problem if its a 172/182 that you have though!)

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
OK, so it's the twisted mount that I need. The problem is, the 172/182 mount is twisted, so is the other one they showed me. However the 172/182 one has a different bolt-hole arrangement for where it bolts to the chassis.

Anyone know about that? :)

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Infact I can do better than that.....

Here is the one I have now.....

R.CLI-003%208200175102%20D.%204F%20ENGINE%20MOUNTING%20SOPORTE%20MOTOR.jpg

Here is the one they say my car should have.....

194.jpg

The 172/182 mount I cannot find a picture of, but it appears to still be a twisted mount, but doesn't really look that much of an improvement over the one above and needs other parts to fit it too.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mmmmm what other parts mate? i changed mine the other day and it didnt come with anything else other than the mount itself! ;)

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
The bolt hole at the larger end of the mount (the one that goes to the chassis) appeared to be keyhole shaped on the 172/182 mount and not big enough to take the bolt that mine has, according to the pics above. I wish I could find a pic of it.

K

kunit

well i have a ph quick and the mount isnt twisted at all its dead straight whats that about?

mk4 golf gttdi180
the one opu want is called a lower dog bone gear box mount had the same prob replaced it and it was fine just usual wear an tear