ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Headlight Restoration

M2 Comp
Is there anyone in the EM area that would be willing to restore the headlights on my 182? I would do them myself, but I don't have a polisher anymore. I've also heard bad things about the restoration kits that are available so I'm a bit weary of those.

I will of course pay for your services.

Any help appreciated :)

I used the 3M kit that is drill mounted to restore my 172 headlights. Its very good kit and easy to use/difficult to get wrong.

M2 Comp
Funny you should say that mate, I've just bought one off eBay ;)

Could you see any sanding marks left even in direct sun light? That is my only fear!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I found it quite hard to use tbh and mucked it up a bit! But have sorted it fine with rubbing down by hand afterwards. Scratch-X is your friend here :)

I'm going to try and sort my hazy headlights out today.

Last time I used 1200 & 1500 wet and dry paper, rubbing compound and some t-cut. They came out looking brand new so hopefully these ones will too :)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I used the 3m kit this weekend.

Im a complete spaz when it comes to things like that but take your time and its easy.

Mine went from properly properly awful to looking brand new.

​Just go slow.

I used the 3m kit this weekend.

Im a complete spaz when it comes to things like that but take your time and its easy.

Mine went from properly properly awful to looking brand new.

​Just go slow.

Yep, slow and steady is the key.

mine came up almost like new... defo no marks etc.

make sure you maintain contact with the light until the drill stops and put it in contact before spinning it up.