ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GTT power steering

FRST and 106 GTi

Hi,

Since Im giving my RT to my girlfriend, I need to get it going again. She says its fast enough, but thats because she never rided my frst.
Knowing this Im going for a GTT lump. The thing is power steering. How to get it on the GTT lump?

Anyone done it?

williams 2 turbo

i was looking at going 5gtt lump in my 16v after a lot of research the only way i could think of was to put an electic power steering pump on not belt drivin off of a peugeot on it. its a lot of work but its the only way i could think of doing it. plus you could always turn the steering pump off for 1/4 mile drags to stop sapping power out the alternator. hope this helps.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there was a powersteering option on the r5 gtt direct from the factory, is the car for you or you girlfriend??

cos a couple of people on rtoc had the powersteering on there gtts and they say its just stupidly dangerose as u cant feel the car so well, and it makes it very skittish.

up to you but i would go with out, powersteering is for girls, not for clios with a gtt lump in it.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

on my GTT the steering wasnt particularly heavy but i suppose the 5 weighs next to nothing so it aint that bad. Just do a bit more w**king with each arm and ull be fine!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you could use the rack and pas pump of a old 1.9deisal.although its a hydraulic system the pump is driven by an electric moter and not by a belt off the engine.

FRST and 106 GTi

well.. the RT is getting the GTT lump done and the car is going to be a gift to my girlfriend.

It must be fast so that she can keep up with my FRST in sight. :)

Ive seen a clio 00 with a valver lump. The owner talked to me about the power steering... I think it was the old 1.9 diesel one that he used. Nice one Jay172 :)

Thanks you all!

btw, BRUN you using power steering?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the pump/moter just sits in a bracket so you would just have to bolt it on the inner wing somewhere(it bolts to the gearbox in a 1.9d but there will be no threaded holes in your 5 box to bolt it on this way).it is simple to wire up,basically needs a relay,earth,ing feed and a wire from the oil pressure switch(this wire activates the pump as soon as the engine starts).any probs let me know.jay