ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Clio III RS 200
Not only that its high but the wheels have large ET and scream for track wideners IMHO... The same thing is with my Megane III coupe, rear wheels would love a pair of 25mm per wheel :)

R26
Someone on the French forum made these comparison pics:

clio%20gt%20color1.jpg1..jpg

clio%20gt%20color2.jpg1..jpg

clio%20gt%20color3.jpg

clio%20gt%20color5.jpg

Personally, I like the Malta Blue and Glacier White the best...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I like the white and black colours best, the blue is far too common now.

I aren't sure on the red, some angle i like it but that shot from the back makes me think 'old person'.

Not a 320d
white or blue. defo.

Still dont know what suspension options are available, i might bite the bullet and get some prolines for the mk3 1.4-6 clios see if it fits.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
white or blue. defo.

Still dont know what suspension options are available, i might bite the bullet and get some prolines for the mk3 1.4-6 clios see if it fits.
I'd be inclined to give someone like ktec a ring. Take the car down and find out what actually fits, they are probably as interested as you since they can then start advertising parts for the GT.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well, ive PM'd them and have been told ther are no confirmed fitments as of yet. Where are they based ?
Cant remember, possibly devon?

Doesn't have to be them though, i'm sure other companies are also interested like JMS for example.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm tempted, next time i have some spare cash I will be up there seeing what they can do about the ARCHES that seem to LOSE the wheels.

I love the chuckability of this car. Its very easy to find out what its limits are so you can have some fun safely. Its such a giggle around town and on country blasts. Such a nice all rounder. Everyone compliments how comfy the seats are and how nice the interior is.

R26
Yes, everyone loves the seats! They hold you in perfectly, while being very comfortable.

I agree on the chuckability as well. It's so much fun to drive on swirling country roads, it goes through bends like on rails and has a high grip limit.

Not a 320d
I think theyre the most uncomfy seats ive been in, if i have the spare cash ill be putting those recaros in from the 200.

R26
I've driven the R27 and 200 with Recaros and if I was buying a new Clio RS, I'd definitely go with standard seats. The Recaros hold you in all right, but the lining is too thin making them uncomfortable on long trips, whereas the standard seats are exceptionally comfortable yet I found the support more than adequate for any sort of crazy driving.

Not a 320d
Hhhmmmmm. I'm wrong then, clio 200 seats, 197 gearbox, steering wheel from the 197, not a bad little car. Its just hit 1000 miles and I've been out round the back roads, gearbox is getting good its a lot faster and I'm learning to heel toe in it now, having some major fun. Defo needs a remap and a new set of springs alsong with decent spacers.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Anyone else get an odd noise on idle? It may be the weather bet when I got home this evening and the car warmed up there was a sound. I almost thought something was rubbing against a fan? Confusing I know

Or am I just hearing things? It almost sounds like a diesel :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Nice cars, would much rather buy a second hand 197 than a brand new GT. Decent engine but can't imagine it feeling all that quick as it looks quite a decent size car. Don't prefer the looks to either a 197 or a 200 either, just seems to be something missing with the styling for me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice cars, would much rather buy a second hand 197 than a brand new GT. Decent engine but can't imagine it feeling all that quick as it looks quite a decent size car. Don't prefer the looks to either a 197 or a 200 either, just seems to be something missing with the styling for me.

With you on that one mate. I just have mine because of insurance!

Not a 320d
200 i hate the look of, the front end, wheels and rear diffuser is just comical, id of had the 197 as i think they look gorgeous but i just cant afford to run one, sure ive got the cash to do it each month but IMO theres more than just cars to life.

Hhhmmmmm. I'm wrong then, clio 200 seats, 197 gearbox, steering wheel from the 197, not a bad little car. Its just hit 1000 miles and I've been out round the back roads, gearbox is getting good its a lot faster and I'm learning to heel toe in it now, having some major fun. Defo needs a remap and a new set of springs alsong with decent spacers.

197 gearbox?? Thought the ratios were different...

Not a 320d
Someone on here said that the gearbox was the same, i wouldnt be suprised if the ratios were different though.

Anyone else get an odd noise on idle? It may be the weather bet when I got home this evening and the car warmed up there was a sound. I almost thought something was rubbing against a fan? Confusing I know

Or am I just hearing things? It almost sounds like a diesel :(

cold diesels ftw i was enjoying the rumble this morning as i deiced :eek: