ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

320d
I think theres a fair few horses to be had out of this engine tbh!

Probly going to need ITB's and Cams to get decent power out of it. 130bhp is a decent amount from a N/A 1.6 already. Honda know how to make 1.6 engines though, in 1989 they have 158bhp out of one thats inpressive for a standard engine.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeh, cant beat them tbh! But if VAUXHALL can get 192 out of putting a turbo on it...?

Not a 320d
well its not a bad little car really. Seems to handle well.

Whats with the wipers when you lift them up, and they catch on the paintwork / My paint is damaged already.

We complained that it was late and we got £56 worth of v power lol nay bad.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh its the same on a few new cars mate and yes, i damaged the paint lifting the wiper up :mad:. You try changing a wiper like that its a right fiddly b*****d!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Do you guys not have a service position for the wipers? Or can you not move them freely when the engine is off?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
i LOL'd at boner.

The wiper always returns to the down position, i just was trying to lift it when i washed it!

well its not a bad little car really. Seems to handle well.

Whats with the wipers when you lift them up, and they catch on the paintwork / My paint is damaged already.

We complained that it was late and we got £56 worth of v power lol nay bad.

Oh its the same on a few new cars mate and yes, i damaged the paint lifting the wiper up :mad:. You try changing a wiper like that its a right fiddly b*****d!!

mines chipped due to bint at work who decided to lift them for a laugh :(

Do you guys not have a service position for the wipers? Or can you not move them freely when the engine is off?

no they only lift a small amount as they are hidden under the bonnet

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
no they only lift a small amount as they are hidden under the bonnet

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. My cars wipers are 'under' the bonnet as well, but I can move them manually up the windscreen. So I can move them to this position / /

Have u noticed on the gt the standard headlight bulbs are crap when it gets dark. Just bought some improvement bulbs from halfords the 90% improvement ones buy one get one free they make a massive improvement would reccomend getting some

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The ones on my car are stupidly bright! I get people flashing me even when I'm on dipped because i blind them over bumps!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Im sorry?!
You can get an Abarth for that, and they don't make a 1.6 Punto??
O RLY??

picture3ud.png

I paid £11.000 with 600 miles or so on the clock someone impulse buyed then realised they didn't want it. It came with sat nav and diamond bright protection

WIsh I got the gt diesel to be honest done 8000 miles in 6 months but needed a car asap and it was a bargan

they still seem very rare :(

still think the clio gt should have had the meganes 1.4 tce lump would have made more sense with the way the cars are going

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
they still seem very rare :(

still think the clio gt should have had the meganes 1.4 tce lump would have made more sense with the way the cars are going

agreed and why the 1.6 got a power hike over the standard dyn S 1.6 but the dci didnt i dont know. a 1.5 dci 120 would have been a nice one and sold much better, or even if they had used the 1.9 130 lump!

i dont doubt the 106 is a warm hatch with that 6 speed and all that torque but its never going to compete with the VAG 1.9 TDi cars untill they give it the torque it needs!

320d

I agree. It would have made more torque, more mpg, more tuning potential and less C02. I think they did the right thing with the Twingo RS though, but I think the heavier Clio would have suited a lightly boosted lump.

agreed and why the 1.6 got a power hike over the standard dyn S 1.6 but the dci didnt i dont know. a 1.5 dci 120 would have been a nice one and sold much better, or even if they had used the 1.9 130 lump!

i dont doubt the 106 is a warm hatch with that 6 speed and all that torque but its never going to compete with the VAG 1.9 TDi cars untill they give it the torque it needs!

I think your right Martin. The 1.9 dci 130 would have been brilliant engine in the GT.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Same damage as mine. My mates at school thought it was funny to do it too! b******s.

Not a 320d
Jase its quite a boomy engine dont you think ? Very Pingy above 5k. Ive had it less than 2 days and ive put 160 miles on the clock so far. Still getting used to the gearbox i hope it loosens up after a while.

id love a gt dci with more power 130bhp and more cylinders i think the 1.9 may be a bit to heavy shame Renault don't have a 1.6dci(rumoured http://www.drivehomesafe.com/news/r...e_at_its_plant_in_clon_france_in_2011-89.html sounds perfect :D) although renault dont seem to want to share these new engines with the smaller cars to create better hot/warm models :(

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
They should have used a near standard Dynamique 138bhp 2L 16v engine, only made it rev slightly higher. Im in 2 minds as whether or not to have my rev limiter moved up an extra 200rpm to 7k.

They should have used a near standard Dynamique 138bhp 2L 16v engine, only made it rev slightly higher. Im in 2 minds as whether or not to have my rev limiter moved up an extra 200rpm to 7k.

nope good as it is its not inline with the down sizeing structure all makers are following rare engine never a big seller

320d

They already make a Clio with a revvy 2.0 engine its called the 200 ;)

On a serious note, if it revved higher it would need to produce more power, because otherwise it would just rev high but produce no power up there because it has already peaked.

What they should ahve used is the 1.4 TCE. I don't see any negatives.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well, first day of driving on my own. In wet conditions, and dangerous at that! Had to contend with a very notorious set of roads. Tight twists, turns, dips and crests through wooded areas. So lots of leaves and mud on the slippery road to contend with!

The Clio did very well. Very well indeed. I only made one mistake which was coming round a corner and on some slippy mud out of a turning i got some lift off oversteer.

Gearing is very short in the GT, but this somehow makes it fun :)