ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio front disc torx bolts.

There's only one torx screw holding on each disc isn't there? Its been a long time since I've done any mind but I'm sure I only removed one.

As for the carrier bolts, you're gonna need heat. Heat solves evvvverrrry stuck nut and bolt :smile:

Only thing suggested I've not tried is adding heat.

2 per disc future reference.
Old fashioned hit it with a hammer impact driver would have done it in one.

Tried this, wouldn't budge. Just chewing the bolt heads up.

This thread is fcuking painful.

Much like your input.

For all the time taken on this simple task, myself or anyone on this thread could have made it to your car and had it off in time for the kettle to boil.

For future reference these are the methods you should be trying in order:
1. Wd40, heat and impact gun (borrow if you have to)
2. Cut a line across the screw head and repeat method no.1 with a wide flat head screw driver.
3. Drill and use easy out
4. Drill entire screw out (may lose hub threads.
5. Heat the whole disc up and hammer it off (caveman strategy)

And when refitting new disc always use both screw fixtures on the disc, use copper grease, don't tighten up, just make sure the disc doesn't move by hand.

Don't mean to come across as patronising but this is painful to hear when so much sound advice has been given

Usually is simple although in this case it isn't or else one of the above suggestions would have had this done by now. The only thing I haven't done is added heat to it.

ZgJzP7N.jpg

thin red outline is the bolt, you can see you have made it about half way, just push quite hard and cut between the green lines. you are almost there.

I managed to get this one sorted just after the picture was uploaded. Tried smashing off with a hammer but the other torx wasn't breaking up. Started to grind the other bolt head down before I decided to leave it for now.

dan's cast offs.
do you wear slip on shoes or can you tie laces?

can't believe the mess you've made trying to get ONE bolt out.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Usually is simple although in this case it isn't or else one of the above suggestions would have had this done by now. The only thing I haven't done is added heat to it.

You told us you don't have a a dremel tool or a blowtorch. And forgive me if I'm wrong but it looks like you've just drilled and grinders the hell out of it. The first method I suggested sometimes fails. The second rarely fails. From your last pic, I'd assume you're close to needing a new hub assembly (something that will add to your wallet pains). Again sorry for being patronising.