ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio flip key conversion. Anybody done this?

Clio 172 cup
OK so im wondering if its possible to change the standard 172 cup key for a flip key with blank that can be bought from ebay. help me out guys, thanks. S350_D1.jpeg

Rs200
its possible you would have to transfer the guts from your key to that one and the little chip so you can actually start your car but mk2 keys are just one button so it seems a waste buying the blank getting it cut etc etc to just have whats essentialy a key with a spare button :S

Clio 172 cup
its possible you would have to transfer the guts from your key to that one and the little chip so you can actually start your car but mk2 keys are just one button so it seems a waste buying the blank getting it cut etc etc to just have whats essentialy a key with a spare button :S

i believe renault have a two button key fob so i could get the circuit board from that including transponder and transfer it to the flip key and have it reprogrammed, or would it be easier to take of my old transponder of the original circuit board and have it soldered to the new board? any help