ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio exhaust too loud, can't seem to find the problem

2005 Clio Dynamique
I have a 2005 Clio Dynamique with 39k on the clock. I had the whole exhaust system including cat replaced in September. It was very noisy which seemed to be coming from the rear. The garage put on 2 new back boxes all of which kept making the same noise. I went elsewhere and got another box put on and this one isn't as bad but still very noticable. It sounds as if it's blowing when it's revved up at idle and when you're taking off in 1st or second gear. If it's just a generally sh*t exhaust on it, where is the best place to go for a standard exhaust? or could it be something else wrong with it? thanks

Focus
Had this with my 172 it was due to it being a cheap nasty pattern part, ended up going genuine n it was silent!

2005 Clio Dynamique
Had this with my 172 it was due to it being a cheap nasty pattern part, ended up going genuine n it was silent!

I was suspecting that myself as they seem to be a universal fit. My mates clio exhaust can't be seen unless you kneel down on the ground and look right under whereas mines can be seen hanging low from the rear. Where can I get one that's close to oem but not quite? renault genuine parts are far too expensive, especially for my car which probably isn't worth much anyway

2005 Clio Dynamique
Baffles in the exhaust?

Thought that the baffles may have collapsed first time round but it seems to be with all the boxes i've had on. Plus wouldn't you hear them rattling around inside? i think it's generally cheap and nasty tbh